Is anybody else struggling to renew RAA membership?

NT5224

I left a comment in a previous thread about this.

For the last two months I have been trying to renew my RAA membership. 'Trying' because I'm still not a financial member, not entitled to fly and locked out of the RAA website. I have sent 5 emails to the office, given them my credit card details and received three automated responses and 2 actual messages. Because I'm overseas at present I can't easily just lift the phone and sort this out.

Surely it shouldn't be this hard, especially now the systems have been upgraded? I'm honestly getting quite frustrated now and if nothing happens with my latest enquiry I will try contact the CEO directly.

Has anybody else faced renewal problems recently? Or am I an isolated case?

Cheers

Alan

Folks

I take it all back and must give credit where its due

In response to my latest Email the RAA admin have immediately written back and told me that my membership has been renewed as of the 3oth June. They claim to have sent me an Email to this effect, but checking my Inbox, Trash and Spam boxes in my Email, I honestly can't find as that notification.

So all is fine. My renewal only took five emails.

Cheers

Alan

I left a comment in a previous thread about this.For the last two months I have been trying to renew my RAA membership. 'Trying' because I'm still not a financial member, not entitled to fly and locked out of the RAA website. I have sent 5 emails to the office, given them my credit card details and received three automated responses and 2 actual messages. Because I'm overseas at present I can't easily just lift the phone and sort this out.

Surely it shouldn't be this hard, especially now the systems have been upgraded? I'm honestly getting quite frustrated now and if nothing happens with my latest enquiry I will try contact the CEO directly.

Has anybody else faced renewal problems recently? Or am I an isolated case?

Cheers

Alan

Maybe give the office a phone call. I did mine on the webb before 17 June. Then phoned to give card details for payment the next day. At start of July still had not received my membership card. The office advised that cards were not in stock and the card will be sent out when they get the new batch. No advice of when that might be. I was told that OK to fly as my membersip is renewed and activated on the data base. Regards Mike

• Helpful 1
  • Caution 1

I nearly missed my renewal date as they do not appear to send out any reminders.

This is one of the impact of the new constitution - YOU are required to keep yourself informed and keep logging into your portal to monitor theses things - the new constitution mean that there is absolutely NO requirement to write to you at all about ANYTHING.

If you want to receive written notices then you can notify RAAus that you do not accept electronic communications or email - that is a very blunt move to make BUT it is the only way to make the communications from RAAus active and not passive.

They pestered me (like they used to) to renew. 2 emails, 2 texts and I went on to the portal and renewed last month. They used to chop down a tree to print 6 pages and post twice. Mr FV renewed this month - he got an email (at least one), rang the office and paid over the phone with return "certificate" by email. The new cards are being printed and will be posted when available. I only have to print the bits I need for records. Works OK for us.

• Agree 2

074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif

Perhaps the sky is NOT falling after all

Could it be that the the notorious leaders of the dastardly coup are sneakily trying to lull the membership into a false sense of security by doing the jobs they were elected to do?

074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 2
  • Caution 1

I nearly missed my renewal date as they do not appear to send out any reminders.

They certainly do. I received 2x SMS messages and emails.

Make sure the office has upto date details.

• Agree 1