PPC over Ringwood (Vic) Golf Club

I was sitting out at the Ringwood Golf Club while my wife was at an afternoon tea for a friend's birthday. While there, I saw a PPC approaching from the south east over a built-up area. It flew directly overhead in a north-westerly direction, then turned over the Eastlink Freeway and travelled south. It flew out of sight behind trees on the golf course. About 20 minutes later, it appeared again, from approximately the same location, travelling a similar path, but turned over the golf course as shown on the yellow track on the image below. I was surprised to see a PPC over a suburban built-up area like this. I do not know where it took off from, or landed. The image shows an approximation of the two flight paths as best as I could estimate.

1315698448_PPCoverRingwoodGolfClub.jpg.3623b73319a7f8b186043200f017d8df.jpg

PPC has similar rules. 1000ft over built up areas (within gliding distance of a emergency landing oppertunity) but can fly down to 300ft over non built up. Same same but different. There are a few paddocks there which could be used for take off and landing.

• 2 weeks later...

They have flown from the parkland to the left of the eastlink freeway and also in the park to the right of the freeway.

They are radio equipped but only heard them on 123.450 when there was two of them chatting to each one day.

That was a few years back though.