Sarah Connor - Rise of the machines!

flying dog

Dunno if you have been listening to the news lately, but I think this is just too good not to pass on.

An Aussie woman (MOTHER) called Sarah Connor has been arrested overseas on the claim she killed a local police officer.

So, it would seem Skynet is really out to get her. She has a son, who may be our only hope to stop the machines rising against us!

• Like 1

Terminator (Arnie) Rise of the machines.

Sarah Connor is the ONLY person who can save us from SKYNET - where AI takes over because humans are deemed too dumb.

Originally Arnie was sent back to kill her, and failed.

She hacked him and so they sent back another one (Terminator 2) and it tries to kill her and her son.

Flying Dog, you gotta stop sniffing that avgas. You're talking about some serious stuff here - it's called murder, and it can get you executed in a lot of foreign countries. I hope she's got a good lawyer.

Always told Mum I needed to get out more - tripped up by pop-culture, I missed the whole Terminator thing, I'll pay that one.

I guess I was a bit distracted, having gotten into a deep discussion about the case with the resident teenager.

Dunno if you have been listening to the news lately, but I think this is just too good not to pass on.An Aussie woman (MOTHER) called Sarah Connor has been arrested overseas on the claim she killed a local police officer.

So, it would seem Skynet is really out to get her. She has a son, who may be our only hope to stop the machines rising against us!

I have to admit....when I heard on the new that Sarah Connor had been arrested, I though the same thing.

• Agree 4

Phew,

Then I am not the ONLY "fruit loop" in here.

Onetrack:

Dude, guilty or innocent, I ask myself this when I read these stories:

If you go a another country OBEY THEIR RULES. There are no IF's or BUTs about it.

All this winging about the punishment. If you don't like the "Terms and conditions" then DON'T GO!

• Agree 3

What I find interesting is that they could be facing up to 15 years jail whereas if they had been found it drugs it could have been the firing squad. It says a lot to me about the value they do/don't place on a human life.

• Agree 1

Yeah, well, I don't venture into those parts of the existence.

Life is hard enough. Stay away from dangerous places like drugs/murder and that sort of stuff.

There are enough other things to try which do not have anywhere near as harsh a judgement on them.

A drug dealer is a mass murderer.

Only when they forcefully restrain people and overdose them.

Also in places like that, it is not uncommon to have a local sell someone the drugs then immediately inform the police, who arrest the buyer, then give the dealer his drugs back. Win for the cops : arrest, win for the dealer: got money and got to keep his drugs to sell again.

While we may all be human, there are a lot of extremely different cultures on the planet, and a lot of them are completely incompatible with our values. Sure they smile and be nice to you, but they just tolerate you because they know where the money comes from. What we see as unfair and corrupt may be just business everyday for them.

• Agree 2