Rpl

The upper limit for RAA is 10,000ft. The 9500' is the effective upper limit (east) 8500 (west) when considering hemispherical levels for VRF flight.Section 7 CAO 95.55

I understand the upper limit for Raa , but if prepared to carry oxygen can rpl flyers legally go higher

Plane has a ceiling of 16000 ft , I know it was maybe a stupid question and rightly so deserved some of the answers, but up to 18000ft if it's still under VFR. these levels might get you out of the hot summer lumpy air

What plane please, be specific. Temp drops (rule of thumb) 2 degrees C per thousand feet. You are not making sense to cool down in summer - Really sounds weird, and even if you wanted I am assuming its an single engine, It would be very slow to climb those last couple of thousand feet huge fuel burn. Also you have ice problems at times, and is it really worth it in a average single aircraft I assume.

Oh I forgot , you will need to lodge a flight plan flying at any flight level.

Always happy to learn something new, but I've never heard of this requirement, so long as you stay in Class E. Is there a reference for this requirement? I'm planning on taking the RV to the flight levels on a semi-regular basis.
  • Agree 1

Also on a side note if planning above 10,000ft and depending on when the aircraft was registered a Mode S transponder may be required.

From the Airservices website

CASA regulations have already come into force requiring all VFR aircraft placed on the Australian register after 6 February 2014; operating in Class A, B, C, E or in Class G above 10,000 feet and aircraft installing a new transponders after 6 February 2014, to have installed a Mode S transponder (with Flight ID input) which is ADS-B capable. If fitting a new transponder Post 6 February 14 a mode S transponder is required unless the aircraft is restricted to operations Below A100 in Class G and Class D. In such areas a mode C transponder is acceptable.