Skykits rampage

Does anyone have any info on this aircraft?

It's manufactured by ICP, the same company that makes the Savannah. See this link Vimana® | ICP AVIAZIONE S.R.L.

Skykits renamed it the Rampage for the US market. They don't sell ICP aircraft anymore. They've morphed into World Aircraft Corp now.

I don't think there is any Vimana aircraft in Australia (could be wrong there). Reg Brost of Aerokits is the importer of ICP aircraft in Aust. You could enquire to him.

Cheers

Rick

• Informative 2

I was going to say that it looks like a sexier version of the Savannah. I'm not a huge fan of the Savannahs but this one looks nice...then again I'm a Toorak tractor kind of 4x4 guy as opposed to the utility type 4x4s.

Ak...

('Toorak Tractor' is Vic slang for urban 4x4)

I can't understand why the Savannah has a flat, slab-sided rear fuse. This must lead to noisy 'oil canning' in service.

A large radius on the rear frame sides would give a gentle single-curvature rear fuselage. This would not only greatly reduce panting, it would also improve stiffness - and look better. All at zero cost & weight.

Probably quite easy to do this mod at build stage, though perhaps any change would lead to a croquet field full of hoops to jump through for certification.

Ah, the joys of '10' rego.

I can't understand why the Savannah has a flat, slab-sided rear fuse. This must lead to noisy 'oil canning' in service.A large radius on the rear frame sides would give a gentle single-curvature rear fuselage. This would not only greatly reduce panting, it would also improve stiffness - and look better. All at zero cost & weight.

Probably quite easy to do this mod at build stage, though perhaps any change would lead to a croquet field full of hoops to jump through for certification.

Ah, the joys of '10' rego.

No hoops to jump at all. It's a kit so other than throwing away parts you've paid for that will fit to replace with new bits you've designed and made from more expensive raw materials it's YOUR design and YOU make it as you want. No hoops to jump. Nothing at all extra over it being a Std kit - it's not factory and not subject to modification requirements during the build stage just the silly four inspections and test hours at the end. Even 10 reg now have silly inspections and modification requirements under the ridiculous RAAus tech "leadership"

Note. There may be a touch of fatigue of crap from a certain area of raaus creeping in leading to sarcasm. Off for a gin and a bit of cake.

• Like 1