OLD PILOT

oldpilot

HI.........AS A NEW MEMBER I'M STILL A LITTLE UNSURE HOW TO POST, AS IT APPEARS I AM GETTING 2 LOTS OF DETAILS AT ONCE............ANYHOW, I'M 78, STILL HAVE MY COMMERCIAL LICENCE.HEAPS OF PAPUA NEW GUINEA EXPERIENCE AND WAS THE FIRST PERSON IN THE WORLDE TO PRANG A HELIO COURIER !!

• Like 4

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif OP, I'm guessing you have loads of tales to share, and we'd be delighted to hear them. Just one word of advice though, all CAPITALS is considered as SHOUTING so please hit your Caps Lock button before you start 'filling us in'. Cheers mate.
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif OP, I'm guessing you have loads of tales to share, and we'd be delighted to hear them. Just one word of advice though, all CAPITALS is considered as SHOUTING so please hit your Caps Lock button before you start 'filling us in'. Cheers mate.

Thanks Doug.

........... AND WAS THE FIRST PERSON IN THE WORLDE TO PRANG A HELIO COURIER !!

G'day OP

I was in PNG 66-73. Saw a Helio Courier with a broken back - at Moresby I think. Was that you?

HI.........AS A NEW MEMBER I'M STILL A LITTLE UNSURE HOW TO POST, AS IT APPEARS I AM GETTING 2 LOTS OF DETAILS AT ONCE............ANYHOW, I'M 78, STILL HAVE MY COMMERCIAL LICENCE.HEAPS OF PAPUA NEW GUINEA EXPERIENCE AND WAS THE FIRST PERSON IN THE WORLDE TO PRANG A HELIO COURIER !!

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Old Pilot! I`m 69 on 1/1/ 17 and I love your honesty....006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Franco (Frank)

Welcome OP;

I learned to fly at 65; built my Savannah at 66 and entered my 70th year (turned 69) last July. Very refreshing to hear from you and others "of a certain age" in this forum.

Perhaps someday, when its needed, we'll launch an "Old Farts Forum" to discuss issues like: how to get in and out of a Savannah; or ...where to store the keys so you can always find them; ...or making flight plans that never exceed 60 minutes....

Fly safely, best of the season to you all,

Canada Dan

• Like 6
  • Agree 4
  • Caution 1

I'm rapidly approaching 73 and I just renewed my aviation medical class 2.

I plan on working and flying for at least another ten years if possible.

One of my club members is late 80's and he just purchased another aircraft, C182Q which I think puts him up to 5 in his current stable.

Kaz

• Like 3

Great Mate..I'm an old pilot too and still going..

Mike

Also approaching 73 and just renewed my Class 2 Medical notwithstanding being treated for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (CLL) and Melanoma.

Good on all of us. I'm 72 today and just got my Class 2 nd Instrument Rating back after 4 eye operations for holes in both macular.

I wish all those stupid old bugg@rs in the cars in front of me me would get a move on when the lights go green. Us oldies don't have that much time to waste. (Most of them are 10 or more years younger) Older is meant to be wiser. What a cross to bear. Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 1