Allianz Insurance

Ozfergie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KG

My neighbour & I both lost money on our super-rip-off, Then the neighbour's job (warfie) was taken over by "Patriks stevadoors ( spelling) he was told he could take voluntary redundancy

Or transfer to Patriks, which he did only to find he was started as a new comer & lost all his entitlements . at age 59. I came to the land of sunshine !.

spaceailor

Funny how this recovery seems to be required to be funded by the ones who are injured, disabled, handicapped, sick, infirm, old, and out of luck to some extent and they are all lumped into the category of a " lifestyle choice to deliberately be poor" or a "loser". Some abuse the system but most of the media would have you believe this is nearly all of them, and they demonise them in their publications, constantly. If ALL were given the pension this would debunk the theory, but I'm not suggesting that. In most occupations you are considered past it by 50 an if you lose your job you might as well try and "make one" or chase jobs that aren't even there or available. Many advertised jobs are advertised although already allocated because one must appear to advertise to fit the rules.. Young kids are short changed or not paid at all by "franchised" bodies. Worker exploitation is seen as progressive management in some quarters unfortunately. If people don't have money above the minimum required to JUST live they won't buy anything without borrowing and they fall into a trap there too. Most will have to sell their house within months of a prime income earner in that household losing their job. Having a job is considered one hour a weeks work for the statistical figures. Calling that amount as removing you from the unemployed category is a bit unreal but it's a world wide practice apparently, so the corruption is widespread in the system. Nev

• Agree 2

Many don't and haven't for many years. They want the benefit of operating in a stable, civilised country but none of the cost of the privileges and benefits. Nev.

The reason they don't pay tax is NOT because they have to, and don't.

The reason is they don't have to.

The game of tax, for everyone, is entirely made up. Figures and formulae are plucked from the sky. Unlike life which requires a fixed amount of oxygen, water and nutrients or you die, the tax we owe is what we calculate it to be using the formulae hatched from the minds of politicians and given to us.

The game of tax is one of rules which are set, overseen and modified by parliament. It is parliament who decide how to calculate tax owed. The deductions that allow these big corporations to trade off losses and costs against profits are decided on by government.

The fault that a company pays little or no tax despite seemingly large profits ( profits then traded off against dodgy expenses, costs or cost shifting from overseas branches of their income stream ) is entirely with those no make the rules of this game we all play.

As Kerry Packer once said ( paraphrasing it) "if the rules say you must pay a certain amount then thats what you pay. You would have to be a complete idiot to pay more than you are required to pay. "

So instead of bleating about corporations who pay what they are told they can pay we should be directing our anger at the government who dictate that they can pay so little!

• Agree 3

The reason is they shift money around and make loans within the organisation to make the tax payable in certain countries with low or no tax. Swiss bank accounts, and the like, which exist and thrive because the secrecy provisions existing allows money laundering with the big roller Gaming set ups completing the picture. Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

The reason is they shift money around and make loans within the organisation to make the tax payable in certain countries with low or no tax. Swiss bank accounts, and the like, which exist and thrive because the secrecy provisions existing allows money laundering with the big roller Gaming set ups completing the picture. Nev

Yep, And backs up my statement exactly.

This activity is legal and can be used to minimise tax legally.

The law allowing it needs to be changed. Until that happens there is no hope at all that any company will not do what they can to lower their tax.

Jaba- who, a lot of what you mention could be illegal. It is called transfer pricing (using various techniques to transfer profit to a lower taxing country). If caught by the ATO, companies can be hit with hefty penalties.

Hi All,

I have a question for all you active pilots out there, I am hitting a brick wall with Insurance Companies looking for a Life Insurance that includes my disclosure as RAAus Pilot (Student at present) being covered, so far the ones I have contacted only cover you as a passenger on an aircraft, not as a pilot,

could any pilots that have insurance recommend any Insurers that do indeed look after a budding Pilot, student now but eventually be certified, It's now getting to the point that if I cannot fine an insurer soon, my missus will ground me for good, I will be an unhappy Chappy if that happens, my insurer does not cover my flying

Thanks, Brent