Built in camera's.

I hope this is the correct page to be posting but here goes.

I want to build-in a micro camera at the top of the fin on my Thruster, rather than have drag and installation/removal problems of a Go-Pro or similar camera. Can anyone recommend a suitable, tried and tested camera of the lipstick type, or even just a remote lens/sensor fitting? I saw a minute one years ago which had a fabulous resolution and was less than the size of my thumb-nail.

I wonder how hard it would be to find a late model phone that was wrecked and salvage the camera out of it?

I would trust the optics and quality of a phone camera over a cheap dashcam.

I have next to no technical knowledge of what is needed to make the camera work, maybe the extra bits needed may make it uneconomical?

I think you may be interested in having a look at some of the gadgets that I have mentioned below.

From Australian Seller:

Mini Smallest Spy Camcorder Video Recorder DVR Hidden Pinhole Camera Web cam OU | eBay

Hot Mini Spy Hidden DV DVR U8 USB Disk HD Camera Cam Motion Detector 720x480 ACl | eBay

From Hong Kong:

Mini DV DVR Cam Hidden Spy Pen Video Camera Recorder 1280*960 Spy Camcorder BS

Or simply search for Spy Cams on Ebay:

spy cam | eBay

I have one of these keytag cameras. The Upload a file button will not accept .WMV files, so here is a still frame from a video I did with the camera blu-tac'ed to the car dashboard. There are sample videos on youtube.

1941663412_keytagvideoimage.JPG.e8f7f06171a8a9edbd60bf373db334da.JPG

376964856_keytagcameraonhand.JPG.3c03202ab110031489b752cdfca47c60.JPG

• Like 1