Old Station Fly In Raglan 27 & 28 May 2017

Mick

Sure you are at the right place?Looks awfully lonely out there...lolol

The Skylark was there by itself for a couple of days........... I was starting to worry!

As of tonight there are over 90 aircraft in the parking area.

Super impressed with the fly-in and air show. Really well organised, no awkward gaps in the air show program and some top performances. In my (almost) 70yrs I have been to a lot of air shows, in Scotland, England and the USA as well as here at home and this would definitely rank with the best of them. Have to try to fly in next time!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I was told there were 170 aircraft there. There were a lot of people and always something going on. Lots of caravans and campers too. Well worth the trip.

We had 196 aircraft landed & registered by last light Saturday. Plus 6 or 7 day visitors on Sunday taking our total to just over 200 for the second year in a row.

A massive effort for a small flying club, thanks to all that helped us out.

• Like 1

We had 196 aircraft landed & registered by last light Saturday. Plus 6 or 7 day visitors on Sunday taking our total to just over 200 for the second year in a row.A massive effort for a small flying club, thanks to all that helped us out.

It was an amazing weekend! As always, superbly well run and organised. Thanks to all those who gave their time to make it happen and run so smoothly.

Mick, it was good to meet you and have a chance to chat. Thanks for your efforts especially and best wishes to all the marshalling crew who handled a LOT of traffic. We are saddened to hear that this might have been the last one, but hopefully Leonie can be persuaded to run it again in a maybe smaller form. It is our favorite fly in event of the year.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

We are saddened to hear that this might have been the last one, but hopefully Leonie can be persuaded to run it again in a maybe smaller form. It is our favorite fly in event of the year.

It's unlikely to be the last, yes we are taking a break next year as the Creed family have a big family event next year & it's too much to do both.

Watch this space!!!!

• Like 2

Spewing, the plane I wanted to fly was booked out both Saturday and Sunday. Neither pilot that had it booked opted to fly, so it sat in the hanger all weekend. I can understand people bailing due to poor weather, but the weather was perfect on the weekend... So annoying.

• Agree 3

Spewing, the plane I wanted to fly was booked out both Saturday and Sunday. Neither pilot that had it booked opted to fly, so it sat in the hanger all weekend. I can understand people bailing due to poor weather, but the weather was perfect on the weekend... So annoying.

That was a bummer!

This was our first time and won't be our last and thanks to Scott's photo (the third photo in his post) we have proof that we camped. I don't think it was what you would call cold, but we kept ourselves well rugged up!

Well organised.!!!......Top entertainment.!!!!!...... the air marshallers did an excellent job with big smiles.!!!....and mother nature turned on perfect weather for the weekend.!!!

• Like 2

This was our first time and won't be our last and thanks to Scott's photo (the third photo in his post) we have proof that we camped. I don't think it was what you would call cold, but we kept ourselves well rugged up!Well organised.!!!......Top entertainment.!!!!!...... the air marshallers did an excellent job with big smiles.!!!....and mother nature turned on perfect weather for the weekend.!!!

Glad you enjoyed the weekend Bob & thanks for the kind words. My team of aircraft marshals included plenty of first timers & I too thought they did a great job.

I was disspointed not to get time to get a closer look at your RV & meet you.

• Winner 2

Bugger! Would have been a good trip with you.

• 1 month later...
It was great, as usual, the food, the airshow, the weather, the food, the entertainment and the people.[ATTACH=full]51045[/ATTACH]

You Nynja drivers cause fireworks everywhere you go 015_yelrotflmao.gif.6321765c1c50ed62b69cf7a7fe730c49.gif015_yelrotflmao.gif.b15896900101c1d0c30c1711f453ac42.gif015_yelrotflmao.gif.6321765c1c50ed62b69cf7a7fe730c49.gif

• Like 1