Old Station Fly In Raglan 27 & 28 May 2017

Mick

Got a C172 booked for it. It will be my first.

What is the camping like, under the wing or in a seperate camp? If under the wing I am sure I can make a palace from tarps.

• 1 month later...

Cessna booked. Just got to find my tent.

What is the Avgas situation like there? Easy to get fuel or best do it somewhere nearby?

Same for food and drink, is it all just burgers or do I need an esky?

Hi rdarby,

Avgas is available from a permanent facility on site. Recommend fuelling on arrival to ensure no delay when you want to leave. Just advise the aircraft parking marshals when you switch from CTAF to ground frequency & they will direct you to the fuel.

Re food & drink there will be plenty of options on site, unless you have any unique dietry requirements you should not need to bring anything. All on site vendors contribute to our nominated charity, the Capricorn Helicopter Rescue Service. The 06 Bar will be well stocked with beverages for saturday night.

Have a look at the link in my original post, click on "The Fly In & Heritage Show" tab at the top of the page for lots of info about the weekend.

You will be met on arrival by the lovely ladies of our "Meet & Greet" team who will point out where everything is and answer any questions you have at the time.

Any other questions before the weekend, just ask. See you there!

Underwing camping is good but there is noise from the evening activities, so the further away from the strip, the better, also i found last year that there is a generator powered toilet block where the tractor pull and other activities are so for me camping out past the avgas store is the best. Of course you may enjoy the music which is played.

It will definitely be a good weekend, plenty of activity, but nice and laid back. there is unicom to help traffic flow and the operators are very good.

Camping is not so cold as it used to be when it was held on Queens Birthday weekend. It is amazing what a difference a couple of weeks makes. You definitely will not be cold in the evening around the fires,

Just make sure that the lovely lady meeting you is not a big ugly bloke on a pushbike. Sorry Mick.

• 1 month later...
Is this worth going for the Saturday alone? I would have to depart before the airshow to get home before last light.

Even if you can't stay for the show there is plenty to see & lots of flyers to catch up with. Last year by the time of the show we had over 200 aircraft on the ground, 70 of those were there Friday night.

The timing of the show is really set around getting people to stay for the saturday night, that is what I would recommend if you can make that work.

Even if you can't stay for the show there is plenty to see & lots of flyers to catch up with. Last year by the time of the show we had over 200 aircraft on the ground, 70 of those were there Friday night.The timing of the show is really set around getting people to stay for the saturday night, that is what I would recommend if you can make that work.

Unfortunately I cant stay the Saturday night, wish I could. Next year I will lock it in though.

• Like 1

Is this worth going for the Saturday alone? I would have to depart before the airshow to get home before last light.

Yes fly up. I'd recommend you plan to be taxing for your departure 15 minutes before 1500 hours as they will close of the runway and air for the air show; however confirm this with the marshalling people. If you can only visit for the day plan to fly up as early as possible. I'm certain you will not be disappointed with the visit, plenty to see and do. Its a premiere fly-in up this way. Cu there?? Regards

Mike

• Like 1

Yes fly up. I'd recommend you plan to be taxing for your departure 15 minutes before 1500 hours as they will close of the runway and air for the air show; however confirm this with the marshalling people. If you can only visit for the day plan to fly up as early as possible. I'm certain you will not be disappointed with the visit, plenty to see and do. Its a premiere fly-in up this way. Cu there?? RegardsMike

Thanks. If I head up, I will depart first light and probably depart old station at 1400hrs.

Just landed at Old Station, the place is looking great.

image.jpeg.2f7f29e9c1649e34ba5a0eaa760bb405.jpeg

Glad I got here early, lucky to get a parking spot 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif004_oh_yeah.gif.9e5fda4460dcecb69107978dfbca9899.gif004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

image.jpeg.aa10ac99c41d88f3c64019c1086081b5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Just landed at Old Station, the place is looking great.[ATTACH=full]50451[/ATTACH]

Glad I got here early, lucky to get a parking spot 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif004_oh_yeah.gif.9e5fda4460dcecb69107978dfbca9899.gif004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

[ATTACH=full]50452[/ATTACH]

HEY!!! You took my spot!003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

No that spot is too close to all the noise. Go right to the far end of the parking area. Even the toiet block for the tractor pull area is noisy at night,

Mick will tell you where to park anyway. I will be there friday and sat am.

• Like 1

HEY!!! You took my spot!003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Mick put me in your spot. 4th from the end. Early birb special. Had at great trip down 2.6 hours left Marian 1500 hours. We'll save you a good spot. Cheers and enjoy a tail breeze.

• Like 2

Mick put me in your spot. 4th from the end. Early birb special. Had at great trip down 2.6 hours left Marian 1500 hours. We'll save you a good spot. Cheers and enjoy a tail breeze.

Hope to arrive around lunch time. CU there!

Envious of everyone flying in. It is a 4hour drive from Hervey Bay and I have got 2 small kids in the car. Thankfully it is show holiday on the the Fraser coast today and there is no rush to get there.

Camping is definitly under the wing, but be aware it can get very cold once away from the big fires at the bar area. Cold that is for us north Queenslanders.

Come you are being kind saying cold.. Freezing is the better definition.

In the mornings that white stuff on top of the wings is not dust.

KP

• Haha 1