Savannah VG Boly Prop with spinner touching cowl!

Trackley

Hi guys im at a road block with my brand new Bolly prop, does anyone know of a extension that can be bolted onto a rotax 912 uls prop thrust plate to extend out another inch or so, so i can have adequate clearance of the spinner backing plate of my new Bolly prop and spinner.

• Informative 1

Hi guys im at a road block with my brand new Bolly prop, does anyone know of a extension that can be bolted onto a rotax 912 uls prop thrust plate to extend out another inch or so, so i can have adequate clearance of the spinner backing plate of my new Bolly prop and spinner.

Try Tecnam Mate..... a mate recently had the same problem and we sourced a spacer from them.Not cheap through :/

Jason

image.jpeg.5b9f0d7e938e6bac380bd69dadbc3c62.jpeg

Rotax advises a maximum spinner extension length beyond the engine thrust plate that is about the length of the stock Savannah extension. I don't know why or how this limit was determined, but it may be something you want to investigate before adding any additional length to the existing extension.

Just my thoughts.

All the best; fly safely,

Canada Dan

Ok so called rotax spoke with Gary. The clearence i have is about 2mm on the right side of the cowl. Gary said that should not be a problem. I have just run the engine today with the spinner on with no problems. But boy talk about fine tolerances

this is my spinner and cowling clearance.

Hi I had a similar problem some time ago and had to cut the flange off of the back of the backing plate, about 3 or 4 mm from memory, it worked anyway although it was still a close fit

Cheers

Ken

I had the same problem with my new Jabiru composite prop and spinner which I believe is actually Boly? I reversed the spinner backplate, re drilled the spinner and cut a bit from the base of it. Had to cut clearance slots for the back of the prop in the spinner plate but it all worked well!