Just bought my first plane!

Hey All,

Just found this forum, so I thought I would say hi!

I just bought my first aircraft, and I am super excited. I picked up a beautiful Evektor Sportstar with very low hours, and she is a beauty!

Looking forward to some very happy fly times. :)

Cheers

John

• Like 11
  • Winner 7

Congratulations. I know the feeling, I just got my first aircraft a month ago, done more hours in last month than last 6 months!! Happy and safe skies.

• Like 1

Well done on the purchase.

I'm also sure you will enjoy flying when you want and not having to book a plane. Not to mention the great visibility from the Evector. Enjoy your new baby and again well done.. 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

scre80

I've flown the Zodiacs a couple of times and think their a neat aircraft also. The one I flew had additional canopy clips that had been added. I'm not sure if the Zodiac issued a directive? Enjoy

scre80I've flown the Zodiacs a couple of times and think their a neat aircraft also. The one I flew had additional canopy clips that had been added. I'm not sure if the Zodiac issued a directive? Enjoy

Yes, it was a mandatory ad. Having lots of fun flying it.

Thanks lads!

Bringing her home was an epic adventure. over 1100 nautical miles and 2 states. :) 11 hours of flying over some of the most awesome country, was just fantastic!

• Like 2
  • Caution 1

I was about to blame you for taking my training Evektor from Goulburn! The pick up trip is lots of fun. A few weeks ago we picked up my Tecnam Bravo from Northam and flew her to Goulburn. Bit over 17 hours. Great trip. If you every get the chance to fly into Forrest, you won't regret it. Stuffed an interview Paulene Hanson was doing in Kalgoorlie. Why you would conduct an interview on a taxiway beside the fuel is beyond me.

• Haha 1

Nah not me that took your bird from

Goulburn. Although I would happy to put mine in a school in goulburn under the right conditions. Nigel took that bird to Jasper's.

and yes. I'm addicted!! Lol. Can't wait get back in the minute I get out.

097_peep_wall.gif.dcfd1acb5887de1394272f1b8f0811df.gif

Hey All,Just found this forum, so I thought I would say hi!

I just bought my first aircraft, and I am super excited. I picked up a beautiful Evektor Sportstar with very low hours, and she is a beauty!

Looking forward to some very happy fly times. :)

Cheers

John

Hi John

A lovely aircraft indeed and I'm sure you will get a huge amount of enjoyment from it.

I'm an old pedant and I Get chewy when see pilots calling our aircraft by the lazy Americanism, "planes".

Planes are what keep it in the air.

I've had to accept "propellor" instead of airscrew even though propellers are for ships. But "plane" just doesn't seem to give your beautiful machine enough respect. 097_peep_wall.gif.dcfd1acb5887de1394272f1b8f0811df.gif

Kaz

Yes, it was a mandatory ad. Having lots of fun flying it.

I agree, I've had mine for two years now, done 'bout 250 hours. If I'm not careful I'll wear it out!. Perhaps we could meet up at YWTO sometime & I'll tell ya a story about my visit to Gawler.

I agree, I've had mine for two years now, done 'bout 250 hours. If I'm not careful I'll wear it out!. Perhaps we could meet up at YWTO sometime & I'll tell ya a story about my visit to Gawler.

Interested to hear about your trip to Gawler, I fly from there. You also own a Zodiac 601 HDS? I have owned mine for a month.

• Like 1

Interested to hear about your trip to Gawler, I fly from there. You also own a Zodiac 601 HDS? I have owned mine for a month.

Yeah I've had mine RAA reg since April fools day 2015. Do you get away x-country much? I live in YBDG & travel to YWTO once a month, sometimes more. Be great if we could meet up there & compare.

Cheers Roger

Yeah I've had mine RAA reg since April fools day 2015. Do you get away x-country much? I live in YBDG & travel to YWTO once a month, sometimes more. Be great if we could meet up there & compare.Cheers Roger

Sure Roger. When are you next heading there?

Sat lunchtime, headin' back Mon.

Unlikely I can make it this weekend due to family commitments, but I am out flying tomorrow!! Let me know when you are next back there and will see. I would have to fly there and back in a day, so maybe meet for lunch

Unlikely I can make it this weekend due to family commitments, but I am out flying tomorrow!! Let me know when you are next back there and will see. I would have to fly there and back in a day, so maybe meet for lunch

Sure, You are welcome to camp o'night in their 'well appointed' clubroom, for a kind donation, then you could fly home totally refreshed. PM me your PH No if you like.