Rick Morawski

Kyle Communications

I just got a message from a forum member letting me know that Rick Morawski has passed away. I rang Reg Brost who dealt a lot with Rick and Reg said he was very sick a couple of weeks ago and in hospital. I have spoken with Rick quite a lot and found him extremely helpful with all his savannah knowledge as he was the go to guy in Western Australia for anything savannah. He used to sell them, repair them rebuild them and ferry them all over the country. Rick had a good sense of humour as well and was a ton of fun to chat to...once on the blower it was easy to spend an hour talking.

This is a huge and sad loss for the aviation community and also us savannahites for his experience and wealth of knowledge on the type

My condolences to his family and girlfriend

• Informative 1

I chatted with Rick at the Bunbury Aeroclub breakfasts often.

A nicer bloke you could not meet. Very unasuming but with a wealth of knowledge in building and repairing aircraft. Including engines and avionics.

One of those people who were great to ask about those niggling aircraft faults and his advice often hit the nail on the head.

RIP mate....

Mark, do you when Rick passed away?

It is hard to believe and will be great loss. Always looked forward to catching up with him and he always went out of his way to help

That's terrible news. He drove up to Serpentine and did the first engine start on my plane about two years ago. Very sad loss. Sincere condolences to all his friends and family.

rgmwa

My zenith 701 is a hybrid as lot of the parts came from a savannah which Rick sourced for me ,world of knowledge and great bloke will be sadly missed RIP Rick .

Pretty sad to hear this and Rick will be sadly missed in the Recreational aviation circles and his wealth of knowledge especially when it comes to Savannah's and his willingness to help.

My Condolences to Rick's family and friends.

For as long as I knew him Rick was an invaluable source of information and advice. Now - a tremendous loss to the aviation community. An affable gentleman, an unrestricted font of knowledge and a recognized ambassador for all recreational aviation, not just Savannahs. Rest in peace Rick. Sincere condolences to the Morawski family

• Agree 1