154 HP Rotax

Happyflyer

The single ECU scares me, but with the fuel injection fleet having accumulated over 60 000hr and not a single failure, it must be safe.

SDS offers a similar system, but with the option of having a back-up ECU.

I think they are going to sell a lot of these kits in North America.

Why get a 914 or 915, when you can have this fuel injected turbocharged 912 on your homebuild for the same price as a 914?!

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Can't see how it can be reliable with the same built up crank and cases. There's extra heat to get out of it as well with supercharging. Generally they oil spray the underside of the pistons even for a small increase. The oil system in a 912 is "funny" how it relies on blow by to return it as well as pipes everywhere. The 80 HP is reliable but the others less so. Having to time limit high power setting is a sign the engine is a heat sink. Nev

• Like 1

Can't see how it can be reliable with the same built up crank and cases.

In the video they address the crank shafts. They claim to have a procedure to weld up the pressed together crankshaft. Interesting idea if it works....

I spent several years assembling and tig welding Suzuki and Kawasaki crankshafts, same system same reason..... FYI the power output increase was in the order of 150%. Some heat sink...Others got about 1000hp but only for a short time....Never had thru' bolts break though.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

In the video they address the crank shafts. They claim to have a procedure to weld up the pressed together crankshaft. Interesting idea if it works....

Welded pressed cranks are nothing new at all, absolute standard practice and very common in bike racing since year dot.

Not sure on the stresses of the crankcases longterm though, hate split cases with a passion, tainted by the amount of VW failures I have seen.

There's a good reason top drag VW's use these style cases ...

• Like 1

I doubt that they could produce 154hp for more than a very short time. The hp increase is 94% so the heat increase must be terrific.

I had 145 hP on a 80 hp rotax no heat problem similar idea to this it works well, you can trick the computer on the 914 nd they pump out something like 180 hp

• Like 1