From Tasmania

Haydn

G'day Hayden.

Welcome to the forum.

In what part of Tassie are you based?

Are you flying? If so, where. There are not a lot of airfields to choose from. But lots of nice scenery.

If we get enough southsiders maybe we can set up a nice airfield one day........

That has been exercising my mind in recent times. I really don't want to travel 2 hours to have a quick flight, but I also wouldn't like an EFATO from Sandfly strip.

There must be a friendly farmer with a nice flat paddock either Huon Valley, Richmond way (not sure of CTA around there), or Brighton area.

G'day Hayden.Welcome to the forum.

In what part of Tassie are you based?

Are you flying? If so, where. There are not a lot of airfields to choose from. But lots of nice scenery.

Live at Port Sorell a beachside town fly out of Devonport airport 10 minutes from home 70kls west to Wynyard airport 70 kls east to Georgetown airport 100kls to Launceston airport (controlled) There are 11 registered airports in Tasmania only two of them controlled, many more private strips.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You don't get much more north than where you are, Haydn. There's less tiger country up your way. Marty and I are south of HBA.

Still good to have another Tasmanian on board. Welcome.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Haydn, welcome and Hi.

Back when I was 17 I used to fly at Cranbourne in a jacket during summer. I don't miss the cold.

I like flying in shorts and tee, more comfortable.

Cheers

Clint

• Like 1

Hey Bex, how do ya send PMs to others?

Meh, I just humiliate them publicly.

Otherwise click on their nickname to open their Rec Fly page, open "information" tab and click on "start a conversation".

PM.jpg.9d7c00ea7a3322eef5bab53407198a24.jpg