This looks interesting ...

No, I recon pretty good valve for what you get.

Bolt on, info direct to your tablet. Fly away.....

Some of the other "wired" systems need custom made looms, power supply (fusing, cables, switches).

Multiple "black boxes" located all over the place. Panel mounted screen.

Avionics tech $$$ to set up....

Up front purchase costs are one thing, but installed and flying is another.....

• Agree 1

The best bit: Because it is approved by the FAA, you can install it on a certified aircraft down here! No messing around with CAR35 / Part 21 engineering to satisfy CAsA!

And the ADS-B receiver accepts 1090ES replies, not just the US UAT.

Have a bank of them you can borrow from when YOU need it. Advise the authority before flight the ident details so it relates to you on that occasion. A lot of potential there.. search and rescue too I imagine. Standard attachment..... GOOD stuff.. Nev

I think it is priced extremely well. Its cheaper than most of the EFIS around but the logging and ADSB in and having AOA plus all the other stuff and the stuff to come. Dan Johnson did a video and towards the end of it she sort of intimates the plans for it...even to do autolanding....

This is the one..it goes for 15 mins but its after halfway

Not really...as a integrated package that does both UAT and 1090ES. My only issue is the tablets going into shutdown mode. My mini Ipad wouldnt turn on last time I flew to the farm when I jumped in to fly home. It was a hot day but the Ipad was in its airgizmo holder in the dash and was turned off. I took it out of the hold then used my hand to suck some heat out and it turned on after about 3 mins. I put it back into the holder and it was flawless as usual on the 1hr 40 min trip on the way back in the middle of the day. Just a bit disconcerting thats all.

• More 1

Why would you need to own it.? Just borrow/hire one when you need it.. Nev

Installation, simple as it is, likely wouldn't comply with Schedule 8, so it would require a LAME to install it each time, so the only ones to really benefit from the 'portable' systems would be aircraft operated under RAAus.

....................... It was a hot day but the Ipad was in its airgizmo holder in the dash and was turned off. I took it out of the hold then used my hand to suck some heat out and it turned on after about 3 mins. I put it back into the holder and it was flawless as usual on the 1hr 40 min trip on the way back in the middle of the day. Just a bit disconcerting thats all.

Yep!! I have this problem occasionally. No big deal as I have at least 3 alternative navaids before I have to resort to the metric eyeball & map.

It is an annoyance though.

My iPad mini is mounted on/in an articulated arm RAM mounting (lots of air circulation) but my mistake is covering the mini in a heavy weather/dust/impact resistant worksite protective case. I have been progressively "aerating"(reducing its protection) the case by cutting holes in the back. If this doesn't work I may mount a small computer fan to the back of the RAM to force a better air flow. A more expensive & complicated (read $$) fix might be a dedicated eyeball vent but this would be complicated (all that additional ducting) to install.

Before you point out that I could take the iPad out of the case - this is what I do when it goes out on over temp but it's naked chassis does not fit well in the RAM and I really dont want to risk damaging the iPad by not having good quality protection.

Not really...as a integrated package that does both UAT and 1090ES. My only issue is the tablets going into shutdown mode. My mini Ipad wouldnt turn on last time I flew to the farm when I jumped in to fly home. It was a hot day but the Ipad was in its airgizmo holder in the dash and was turned off. I took it out of the hold then used my hand to suck some heat out and it turned on after about 3 mins. I put it back into the holder and it was flawless as usual on the 1hr 40 min trip on the way back in the middle of the day. Just a bit disconcerting thats all.

It scares me to death to think about all the airliners flying around with Ipads in the cockpit. Those things are not meant for aviation applications. "junk" is a word that comes to mind.

It scares me to death to think about all the airliners flying around with Ipads in the cockpit. Those things are not meant for aviation applications. "junk" is a word that comes to mind.

Clearly - and thankfully - the worldwide NAA's don't share those sentiments, given the number of paperless cockpits that now exist in airlines around the world.
  • Like 1