Reality v Perception

fly_tornado

from the latest RAA mag

Australia is full of wide open spaces and is one of the best places in the world to fly. It has great weather and great landscapes.

We have a whole heap of class G airspace to explore.

And RAAus provides pilots with a low cost, simple and accessible way to take of advantage of these things safely.

The reality is that we have been focussed on saving lives.

There is a false perception by others in the industry that we are the unsafe cousin of general aviation.

The reality is that we growing because of the great work we are doing.

The perception is that we have no respect for the rules.

The reality is that we recognise our obligations and respect them.

The perception is that we have complete disregard for any regulation.

RAAus members are our organisation’s best marketing material and it is incumbent on each and every one of us to help change these perceptions.

Without for a moment losing sight of the realities. Because no matter what you think of me as an RAAus pilot, I’d rather come home to my wife safely each night.

That’s my reality.

upload_2018-1-5_11-59-25.png.21f7c905b224eee4f1b24fd47ad0211d.png

he's right, the numbers don't lie 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

upload_2018-1-5_11-59-25.png.b18d8b152bc499f7c0629d2229c5d9f7.png

I wouldn’t say we have disregard for any regulation, but I know a few who don’t know what the regs. are. Not only that, but they don’t always interpret those they do know correctly.

One has to wonder who collated precisely, the total of all the hours flown? - and how did they acquire the complete information from every single RA owner?

Seems to me like a job that the ABS would struggle to get a handle on, with a plethora of staff - let alone a small, no doubt, understaffed, RA-Aus organisation. 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

One has to wonder who collated precisely, the total of all the hours flown? - and how did they acquire the complete information from every single RA owner?Seems to me like a job that the ABS would struggle to get a handle on, with a plethora of staff - let alone a small, no doubt, understaffed, RA-Aus organisation. 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

Well I would assume the number of hours flown now would be collated automatically by a computer?

Doesn't everyone fill in their hours and landings every time your plane rego is due? Or am I the only one dumb enough to supply this info?

Having said that a year or so ago when the electronic records were just starting up my aircrafts hours were out by a fair bit which required an email or two to the tech office to fix. I wouldn't be surprised if the odd numbers were a result of that paper to electronic transition with people correcting the totals giving a false boost to the numbers.

• Informative 1

If it's in print , you can challenge it. There's laws against falsifying such claims in these circumstances . RAAus wouldn't be doing the right thing if they pulled figures out of the air.The aircraft times should give the totals. School ones particularly. Your aircraft engine and airframe logbook should record all times. A plane without them is a real roughy. Nev