“We have added about 750 members to our ranks”

fly_tornado

Good question in one paragraph "....and now we have an ageing aircraft problem.", and a couple of paras later "We have a relatively young fleet of airctaft"Surely we would know?

You’ve gotta wonder what that means don’t ya? Got me confused.

Hi BirdDog,

My plane is registered VH experimental, one off registration fee, one off license fee for RPL, I do all my own maintenance. I am fit and well so 2 yearly medical is pretty cheap. My plane weighs only 283kg, is a single seat and you would think RAAus would be the way to go but I prefer to be GA. After years of RAAus I have gone GA, the opposite of your experience. I went to Adelaide Biplanes to do the RPL, they were great, minimal number of hours, acknowledged all my RAA experience.

The number of things RAAus has done with no evidence just staggers me, such as mandatory 4 build inspections whereas GA is only 3 recommonded visits. Why 4? Why not 27? There is no evidence to back up the change. Will compulsory HF courses stop idiots from being idiots? Minimal number of structural failures and no evidence that engine failures have been related to poor maintenance but suddenly L1 privileges taken away. I hate changes being made in the name of safety because management think it’s a good idea even though they have no evidence to back it up.

I have given up my RAAUS membership.

Things will have to change before I will go back,

Cheers Peter

Good question in one paragraph "....and now we have an ageing aircraft problem.", and a couple of paras later "We have a relatively young fleet of airctaft"

Surely we would know?

Relative to GA plane fleet ??

They

Good question in one paragraph "....and now we have an ageing aircraft problem.", and a couple of paras later "We have a relatively young fleet of airctaft"

Surely we would know?

Relative to GA plane fleet ??

They don't administer any GA aircraft.

I am looking at transferring the Corby to GA Exp. By doing that I would save the cost of membership and also registration each year, but I would have the change over costs to bear. I havn't done the fine figures for changeover, but would assume $1500 should cover it. Not absolutely sure what membership and single seat rego are,but the break even figure would be covered in about 4 years. There is also ELAAA, if they ever get up.

I am looking at transferring the Corby to GA Exp. By doing that I would save the cost of membership and also registration each year, but I would have the change over costs to bear. I havn't done the fine figures for changeover, but would assume $1500 should cover it. Not absolutely sure what membership and single seat rego are,but the break even figure would be covered in about 4 years. There is also ELAAA, if they ever get up.

M & M keep on giving members reasons to look for alternatives - I think we are going to see a lot more of this in the future.