Goondiwindi fuel

Bennyboy320

Just in the planning stage for a flying trip in September, lots of conflicting information about the availablity of avgas at Goondiwindi, can anyone confirm if the bowser accepts credit card, thanks.

GOONDIWINDI ERSA entry.

HANDLING SERVICES AND FACILITIES

MOBIL: Lowes Petroleum Services: AVGAS Bowser, Local Account Card Option only. AVBL H24 (No Carnet). Call-out fee BH $20, AH $100. JET A1 - Drum Fuel Only. Phone 07 4676 2207, Emergency 07 4671 5000.

• Caution 1

Thanks, I know what the ERS says, never been the most up to date document around, it’s just that someone mentioned on Ozrunways a self serve bowser with CC option, as I was planning to be there on a weekend I’d like another definite yes before I decide wether not not to bypass YGDI, not keen on forking out $100 for a callout fee.

As an alternative if it is close to your flightplan could be Chinchilla. Good runway and readonably cheap fuel certainly compared to Bundaberg.. just flew my FMJ Bendigo Bundy Bendigo... i refueled there both ways..$2.14 a couple of weeks ago if i recall..

• Helpful 1
  • More 1

Just in the planning stage for a flying trip in September, lots of conflicting information about the availablity of avgas at Goondiwindi, can anyone confirm if the bowser accepts credit card, thanks.

maaate........ring them, not hard

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

always...always ring ahead and get "first hand updates" etc. Especially out of the way places. Trust ERSA at your peril, and i know. ( victim ) While i'm on it, carry a cheque book, if bowser swipe is down, refuellers usually will come at no expense and bypass system to fuel you, you pay cheque.

always...always ring ahead and get "first hand updates" etc. Especially out of the way places. Trust ERSA at your peril, and i know. ( victim ) While i'm on it, carry a cheque book, if bowser swipe is down, refuellers usually will come at no expense and bypass system to fuel you, you pay cheque.

CASH IS KING

• Agree 3

Camel . Not sure why you gave a ‘caution’ .

If he's anything like me, he's done it inadvertently using an ipad and trying to scroll down. The 'Caution' is bloody easy to tap by accident.

well the office is good to deal with for getting a card. i have always been given a lift to and from town by motels and there are good pub bistros so i dont mind stopping there.

i did get caught with inverell recently. it was the long weekend so they went away. (!) so glad i phoned beforehand especially as it is so far from town and so bloody cold at this time of year.

goondi is quite interesting as i sometimes see the rfds there from roma for a run and circuits. i left roma same time as them and they were there in a wink and i got there more than an hour and a half later to find them doing circuits. after my five mile call i think they got in three circuits! .. a bit of a laugh.

• Like 1
  • Caution 1