It's going to tale a few years

slb

Interesting comparison in this months Sport Pilot magazine with both AirVenures mentioned in separate articles.

Compare the two photos used: Aus AirVenture on the left was taken on the Saturday and of course the famous USA AirVenture taken from much higher, otherwise you would not get it all in.

165997684_AirVentureUSA.jpg.a4e2202b87605d81a36dfbee1c74b2e8.jpg

827963108_AirVentureAus.jpg.1701a5d34026b14a5a5a373f693ca43e.jpg

Aus Airventure looks about the size of any number of Aero Club flyins held in the country throughout the year. The turnout must be a massive disappointment to RAA and the organisers. My take on it is that the attendance at Airventure is a byproduct of M & M turning the organisation upside down and allienating the rest of the recreational flying world recently in an effort to impose themselves wanting to take over all recreational flying. It just stinks!.

• Agree 1

Haven't the two Ms said that it was a great happening. I don't know because I don't listen to them, but I would be surprised if they had anything at all negative to say.

This photo of AirVenture is a little deceptive in the negative I would say from someone that did attend all three days . If this pic was taken on the Saturday , then it must of been in the morning , because by midday before the actual Airshow (display ) by an hour or so before hand the public started to arrive and pour through the gates for the afternoon attraction.. The fence line running down the length of the runway was very crowded. And it doesn't show the camping ground for the fly in pilots , or any of the car parking paddocks either .. take it from me , Saturday afternoon was a completely different picture than this..

• Agree 1

This photo of AirVenture is a little deceptive in the negative I would say from someone that did attend all three days . If this pic was taken on the Saturday , then it must of been in the morning , because by midday before the actual Airshow (display ) by an hour or so before hand the public started to arrive and pour through the gates for the afternoon attraction.. The fence line running down the length of the runway was very crowded. And it doesn't show the camping ground for the fly in pilots , or any of the car parking paddocks either .. take it from me , Saturday afternoon was a completely different picture than this..

I agree. It is a shame this photo appeared in the Sport Pilot magazine. Also, no photos at all of Matt Hall, and yet he was there, meeting and greeting people on the fence as well as doing a good job in the Air Show. There were many other photos that could have been used. Unfortunately the mag used the above to 'promote' the event. Strangely most of the photos and articles were form the editor this month. Hopefully that will change in the future editions.