Beauty in the Eye of the Beholder?

I hear what you say about Concorde, Nev, and take your word about close-up, never got to see one at all,but in cruise flight they are (were) a thing of beauty - 50 years ahead of their time.

concorde_04.jpg.7755dc6496198b2c2f8bb0465893fe9f.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear what you say about Concorde, Nev, and take your word about close-up, never got to see one at all,but in cruise flight they are (were) a thing of beauty - 50 years ahead of their time.

[ATTACH]37978[/ATTACH]

I used to work at Heathrow for 10+ years, and every morning at 10.45, regardless of where you were, everyone would stop and watch the New York Concorde take off. A sight that never failed to impress with its beauty, and noise!

I was lucky enough to fly on Concorde once (at a much reduced price for BA employees) - brilliant! So smooth and graceful. It was a very sad day when they stopped flying.

Neil

I used to work at Heathrow for 10+ years, and every morning at 10.45, regardless of where you were, everyone would stop and watch the New York Concorde take off. A sight that never failed to impress with its beauty, and noise!

I was lucky enough to fly on Concorde once (at a much reduced price for BA employees) - brilliant! So smooth and graceful. It was a very sad day when they stopped flying.

Neil

Similar experience for me Neil. I was doing a lot of work for BA back then and scored a flight back from Bahrain. A wonderful experience which now seems like centuries ago, but I can only guess that it was around the 1976 period. I advised on the majority of the photoelectric control system used on the conveyors used on the new BEA/BOAC as it was then New Freight Terminal at Heathrow. 10 miles of conveyor network all under one roof, so goldfish destined for Amsterdam ended up in Cairo, or so it seemed, till we got the bugs ironed out, plus bearings which clapped out because they were running 24hrs a day.

• Like 1