There is a daily one around here I have learned to listen out for.

Generally around the same time every day in light twin, with a rapid fire transmission and a not so good radio or perhaps headset, as there seems to be quite a variation in the clarity on transmissions. Some days it's perfect others, you'd swear it was broken gibberish from a couple of hundred miles away despite being only five or so.

The best way to fix that would be to give some feedback, they may be blissfully unaware of their shortcomings.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAAP 166-01  v 4.2

Terms  p8, of 37,  refers

MULTICOM         The frequency, (126.7), used for broadcasts in the vicinity of a non-controlled aerodrome that does not have a discrete CTAF assigned  (refer to paras 2.1.12 and 6.3.2 for additional guidance)

The 'guidance' material continues the nonsense of having aircraft using separate frequencies based only upon the 'aerodrome' being on/off the current WAC.   What should be a simple thing to teach our students has been converted into a  complicated, convoluted, cringeworthy rule that most, (80+%), of our industry disagreed with in the initial CASA 'survey'.  Red flag to a bull that was!

An angry poteroo!!

Traffic (Location)(Type)(Call sign)(Position)(Height) (Intention) Traffic (Location)...is how I construct my usual call

eg. Traffic SHEPPARTON Auster BYM wun zero miles south two fife thousand on descent inbound Traffic SHEPPARTON

Not sure how that would confuse anyone.

kaz

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Auster BYM wun zero miles south two fife thousand on descent

An Auster at two fife thousand would have me confused. Did you mean two thousand fife hundred?   022_wink.gif.9d61fed85ccaec4ccc17040770c5c601.gif

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 2

A little dyslexia goes a long way ☺️ Sorry.

Yeah, those of us in glass houses should probably be sparing with the stones.... 002_wave.gif.38b2eb11a61bb4711f0b1477404692bd.gif

It's that easy to screw up your radio call.

As a maintainer, I've been on a lot of test flights with military maintenance test pilots, in constant communication with ATC, both sides stuff it up on occasion.  As professionals, they just correct themselves or question what they've just heard, and keep on flying the aircraft or controlling traffic.

• Like 2