Sweet Boeing 787 lift-off vid

Gnarly Gnu

Having about the lightest airframe ever for it's payload, it is enormously overpowered on take off being nearly empty with less than full tanks for sure and full power for effect..

If you held it down a bit it would leap into the air a bit better. and it does..

Have a look at the arrival. Nothing special. Nothing about that demo would make me purchase it for airline work What you go on is actual cost of operation figures. Often wildly over estimated..Nev

The camera work and positioning is probably more impressive than the demonstration itself.

They must have done a LOT of simulator practice to get the formation positioning right but safe..

I parked my day job aircraft next to this aircraft last night at Le Bourget. Tomorrow I am taking off immediately after the air show. If I see the B787 flying display, I'll report here on my impressions.

Unfortunately, there was no practise display on my day of departure from LBG. However, I took a shot of the B787 aircraft anyway. That's the nose of my aircraft in the left foreground.

[ATTACH]23683[/ATTACH]

image.jpg.d131ef84675797b6917020b2fd90c4de.jpg

I thought the video at start of this thread was mostly camera trickery until a colleague showed me this one which provides for a more convincing viewing angle.

Unfortunately, there was no practise display on my day of departure from LBG. However, I took a shot of the B787 aircraft anyway. That's the nose of my aircraft in the left foreground.[ATTACH=full]36353[/ATTACH]

front of your plane looks nice. What's the rest of it like?

Yes, it's a Bombardier Global Express. 6200nm range (allegedly, I've never flown it that far), ceiling 51,000' (but I've only taken it to 47,000'), top speed Mach0.89 which allows us to TAS out at about 520 ktas if we wind it up.

I get to a very broad selection of destinations around the world which is interesting.

I am someone who is fortunate enough to be very happy with my day job, but in my after hours, I am even happier with my little aircraft.