Concorde

Robbo

Not to mention hugely expensive to maintain. I'm all for seeing the Concorde in the air again, it's the absolute pinnacle of passenger aircraft... but can you imagine the costs of keeping it going?

Still if they're prepared to spend $250m getting one up and going, they're obviously not short of a dollar.

IF you have a lot of time have a read of the discussion about the Concorde at the link below. Lots of good information form the people who actually designed, maintained and flew it. It starts off a bit academic talking about APU's but gets very interesting when they talk about the computer systems and the engine design.

http://www.pprune.org/tech-log/423988-concorde-question.html

IF you have a lot of time have a read of the discussion about the Concorde at the link below. Lots of good information form the people who actually designed, maintained and flew it. It starts off a bit academic talking about APU's but gets very interesting when they talk about the computer systems and the engine design.http://www.pprune.org/tech-log/423988-concorde-question.html

Chris Heintz (the designer of the Zenith CH 701, CH 601, CH 750 etc.) was one of the engineers on the Concorde design team. He did much of the calculations for the airframe's stress analysis. He used his expertise to produce the earlier Zeniths including the 601 and the 701.

It's quite a while since it flew and a lot of the rated pilots weren't young. Expertise gets lost with the passage of time. Nev

There probably weren't any rated pilots the first time it flew either, so that is obviously not a complete dead end.

You have simulators and a lot of appropriate high tech data and a lot of test pilot flying evaluation. It's never been operated without a flight engineer either as far as I know.. I've been on a new introduction aircraft into an Airline and it's a steep learning experience even with very experienced and current people around . With everybody starting from scratch at the one time, I would expect serious problems could come up. Is there a simulator left in the world for the plane?. They junk them pretty quickly when types go obsolete. Raid them for parts to keep others going. Nev