Rotax 503 question.

I have an early 503 on my thruster but as yet, have not connected the tacho. Why, because there is no grey wire coming out of the engine. All diagrams say this wire is for the tacho. My question therefore is, how else can I get the correct impulses to operate said tacho?

I have an early 503 on my thruster but as yet, have not connected the tacho. Why, because there is no grey wire coming out of the engine. All diagrams say this wire is for the tacho. My question therefore is, how else can I get the correct impulses to operate said tacho?

The grey wire is only on dual ignition engines with the Ducati system. If you have the original taho it connects else were, my memory fails me at this time. A new techno will not work on your engine.

Tiny Tacho

Has a wire that is wrapped around the spark-plug lead.

spacesailor

It also, Super light, Self-contained, easily fitted 

AND Cheap !TinyTacho.thumb.jpg.fd84cb49bbdd77e02fccdd54f3b4bc15.jpg

I should get a commission ?,

OR

A boot up the Khyber. For blatant Adds.

spacesailor

Frank

Thats a very expensive move !.

Forget your existing tacho, & Put a "Tiny Tacho" In its place.  So quick to achieve your goal.

AND no headache either.

Rotax is German, so check the German side of things.

spacesailor

Thanks for your replies, guys, but my question remain unanswered. Guess I'll have to go oversea ans see what the yanks think.

My memory now is that the avia sport tacho on a single ignition 503 is connected to one of the two grounding wires that are used to stop the engine. If you google rotax 377 ignition  it has the same ignition and no dual system was used on it.