cleaning aircraft windows

shafs64

I also hire my plane, but the flying school that I hire from swear by Mr Sheen.  I know it sounds odd, has 2 properties that work.  1 moisture in the cloth gets off bugs from outside, inside it is a little like the expensive glass polishing products you can buy and cleans and prevents fogging up.  

7 years with Plexus and no problems every time before I fly.

One cloth to initally wipe and another to finish.

Don't use dirty cloth. The dirt will scratch.

Ocassionally use Plastx which is a cream type cleaner if a thorough clean is required, especially with water marks. Used probably once a year.... 

NOTE. NEVER CLEAN IN CIRCLES. UP/DOWN AND SIDE TO SIDE ONLY.

• Like 1

Years ago I heard a tale about a guy who had Mr Sheen'd his Cessna - the whole thing. Looks fabulous.

It got so charged with static electricity it played havoc with all the avionics. Plane had to be deguassed (demagnetised).

I get the no.1 and no.2 cleaner from Consolidated plastics in Hamilton Street. Off Harbour road where BP Moss is.  I use the No. 1 product all the time after flights.  When back yesterday for example cleaned screen with no 1 and then put on the cover.  Bit of a glider thing cleaning the canopy before and after days flying.  I recon that as well as cleaning it leaves a thin layer of protection to the screen surface. Cheers