New throttle system for Rotax

Kyle Communications

I havent made any for a while as I have been so busy with other projects. I have another 10 almost ready except for the tig welding of the bars.Maybe in a couple of weeks I will have another batch done. I have just retired and am finding I still dont have enough hours in a day at the moent. But hopefully soon I can get a routine going building all this add on gear. 

Hi Kyle,

Tangential thought;

A carb control system that uses a profiled (prevents attachment rotation) rod mounted across the bulkhead, with three Borden (or pull/push) cable attachments; 

•  One that can be mounted anyhwher on the rod (secured in position using grub screws or similar) corresponding  to straight (or close) to throttle location in cockpit.
  •  Two aligned with carb throttle actuating system

Advantages:

• Adaptable to a very wide range of Rotax 9 powered aircraft. Only the cable lengths vary according to installation differences.
  • Short cables to carbs aligned with system, allow for engine movement, do not inhibit carb vibration damping,  prevent cable binding and once adjusted for carb balance less likely to need further adjustments.

Savannah have a similar system on the firewall but use bowden cables one long and one short which of course creates issues with travel over each cable. Some have modified that to use 2 straight cables including myself. The rotating rod wears out over time. Most aircraft firewalls have other crap mounted on them. It was easier and more consistant to mount the whole assembly onto the carbs to tie them together and just use one throttle attachment. A couple of uys with savannah used my carb mount and use their bar on the firewall and use 2 rods with turnbuckles to operate my system. That seems to work fine as well so long as on a ring mount not a bed mount as the bed mount allows too much engine movement

Unfortunately Mark being retired usually doesn’t give one more free time. I have been retired for near 5 years. My kit is still the same as it was back then. . . sad. 
Enjoy your retirement 

12 hours ago, IBob said:

I'm fully retired now, Mark. And I honestly don't know how I found the time to fit in any work......)

Yes, it's quite a common affliction.

Generally starts to cure all by itself some stage after the 55th year. On rare occasions as late as 76th year.

Medical profession has no idea at all what causes either onset of the affliction or miraculous sudden remission.

Much speculation has been placed upon the affliction during the industrial revolution and beyond with punters waging both small and extremely large bets over the late 19th century through to present day with only a short interruption during the recent period extending late 2019 to early 2023. Governments around the world have no answer as to the cause of this interruption and strongly deny any involvement citing the scientific white paper "dust levels upon bovine dung" as the only possible mitigating evidence and proof of cause and effect.

Recent meetings of global leaders has delivered a "moving forward" strategy to once and for all determine the cause of the affliction.

Being haled by all global leaders as "pure genius" the new "never tried before" strategy will create a pathway through the uncertainty to where the Afflicted and Non-Afflicted (all others) will be isolated from one another on a permanent basis in an exciting and generous attempt to prevent and eradicate the occurrence of Affliction Remission.

The "Work Much Better" campaign will begin rolling out in harmony across the world this Friday with both Afflicted and Non-Afflicted requested to submit themselves for screening and collation activities. Those presenting themselves early, prior to suggestive actions, will be be presented a free case of chocolate milk. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry LowSlow I have been really busy and it hasnt been on my huge priority list of things to get done. As I said not enough hours in a day. I just have to get the bars welded . I am away at my farm trying to get this house finished so it can be lived in until next week. I will make it my mission to get some made in that week when I get back.

Mark

• 2 months later...

Hi there Kyle! I think your design on the throttle system of is very intresting. We have many ICP Savannah S here in Reykjvavik Iceland flyingclub (Fisfélag Reykjavikur). I would be very thankful if you could sell me one of your throttle kit to test it here in Iceland. Hope to hear from you! Regards Rikhardur 

my email is

[email protected]

• 3 months later...