ASIC cards and issues

Ian

21 minutes ago, KRviator said:

Though I've just had a thought about that whole Traffic Period thing... -2H ETA to +2 ATD, what if it's going to layover overnight? Is 0100 the next day within the Traffic Period?!? And who's to say that Qlink 1535 from Syd-Dbo flown by a Dash-8-300 really is going to fly QLink 1536 from Dbo-Syd when it could be by a Q400 that's been on the stand overnight? That's an awfully big assumption...

I think that it would be a long bow trying to claim that this isn't a separate flight, did the pilot have a glass of wine with dinner, if yes does this mean he was drinking during the flight?

On 10/12/2021 at 8:55 PM, KRviator said:

"I am not required to hold an ASIC as I do not regularly fly into security controlled airports" closely followed by "As it is outside the Traffic Period defined in the Regulations, I am not required to display an ASIC" [ATSI Regulations 3.03] (The Traffic Period is -2 Hours of an RPT scheduled arrival to +2 hours from its' scheduled departure). 

Just because it is "Security Controlled" means diddly if there's no scheduled RPT (at all) or that day. No RPT? No ASIC.

Do I understand this ? 

Landing your light sport within 2 hrs of the scheduled RPT may compromise security IF you are a hijacker/bomber or some such - correct??

If you land within 2 hrs of the RPTs departure, with the most evil of intent,  WTF risk are you ??? - please explain said the red headed fish & chip lady

Edited by skippydiesel
  • Like 1

"I am not required to hold an ASIC as I do not regularly fly into security controlled airports" closely followed by "As it is outside the Traffic Period defined in the Regulations, I am not required to display an ASIC" [ATSI Regulations 3.03] (The Traffic Period is -2 Hours of an RPT scheduled arrival to +2 hours from its' scheduled departure). 

Just because it is "Security Controlled" means diddly if there's no scheduled RPT (at all) or that day. No RPT? No ASIC.

Do I understand this ? 

Landing your light sport within 2 hrs of the scheduled RPT may compromise security IFi you are a hijacker/bomber or some such - correct??

If you land within 2 hrs of the RPTs departure, with the most evil of intent,  WTF risk are you ??? - please explain said the red headed fish & chip lady

A well tried option is just to taxi to the furthest open hanger - dismount and engage the persons therein in conversation about the aircraft within - after the requisite polite conversation, enquire about obtaining a drop of ULP  and the means to do so - more often than not there will be an offer of transport to/from the the nearest servo, all without any enquiry regarding ASIC.

WHY was it tied in with the "access to CTA " matter?  THAT should be questioned. It looks as if "own maintenance" has gone even before there's any real movement on this whatever.. IF you think it through, extra weight allowance should  enable more home built and new simple designs in cheaper materials with more engine choices ALL of which are not the natural realm of the LAME's of this world. Nev

• Like 1

I'm assuming that it's the Department of Home Affairs which is responsible for the design and impmentation of ASIC. It's a pity that the funding associated with this wasn't spent on something useful.

When you compare the recent busts of crime organisations through the clever use of "secure phones" which was probably done for a fraction of the cost of ASIC and compare it's efficacy you'd think that funding would be diverted to those who have actually done something useful.

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Bruce Tuncks said:

I have a great fear that " access to CTA " will be associated with a "user pays" deal that I sure don't want.  I have zero desire and need to fly in CTA.

For the most part I agree, however we on the East Coast have a chain (with only small breaks ) of controlled airspace,  from south of Sydney all the way up to north of Brisbane - there are times when it might be safer to fly along he coast (or near to it) than risk the Great Dividing Range

• Like 1

This is exactly what I was told by the Airport Co-ordinator when I was planning to fly into Moruya - avoid the RPT times and no ASIC required.

• Like 1