What Plane Do You Fly?

Guest aaronb

What UltraLight Do You Fly?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. What UltraLight Do You Fly?

Guest aircraft1

X-Air Standard, mine was the 122nd sold in Australia and number 1389 made. Great fun and suits my requirements perfectly

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest Carl Booth

CGS Hawk with floats

The greatest fun machine ever invented .. CGS Hawk, with floats. Now some years later though, I'm "confined" or "restricted" to putting my lazy bum into a "grandpa" Jab 160, and reinventing a flying experience. But to really hype out grab a hang-glider or a paraglider, and soar with the sea eagles on the coast .. unbelievable ecstatic .. Carl

2101778016_WasserflugzeugGohrenMarschall.jpg.7b19efdcb99252cea9c159c7ce05114b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

In the last twelve months & in order of most hours:

1. A22 FoxBat

2. SupaPup 447

3. Tecnam Echo P92S

4. Piper CUB L4

5. Drifter A503

Sean.

:rotary:

Hi Peter.

1. A22 FoxBat - current aircraft, Caboolture syndicate, 80kts cruise, handles very well, just love it.

2. SupaPup 447 - just sold her (my share/Caboolture syndicate), ex Grafton, single seat taildragger, external pull start, 60kts cruise, low & slow. Fond memories.........

3. Tecnam Echo P92S - trainer aircraft ProSky Caboolture, very forgiving and would have to be for me to learn to fly in her, an absolute pleasure to fly and a fantastic flying school too, thanks Zane.

4. Piper CUB L4 - got my tailwheel endorsement in her, handswing start, fly from the rear seat, very nice especially with the top hatch open and tracking up Bribie Island beach, lots of history & a great experience, cheers Bill.

5. Drifter A503 - did an introductory hour in her with Peter CFI Kooralbyn QLD. My first experience in a taildragger and I was pedaling those rudder pedals on the ground roll like a push bike. Great experience with being "right out there" at the pointy end and the wind in your face.

If you need any other info, you can contact me on [email protected]

Sean.

:thumb_up:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Maj Millard

Well over 20 types now and still counting, just added Savannah VG to the list, Jabs, sorry, never had the urge frankly............................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif jive.gif.035c4a81724c712198cdb1757d6fb926.gif

PIC - Drifter wire braced 503, Jabiru 120.

Joy flights - Cessna 172,182, Piper Tomahawk PA36, Glider (forgot the make!), Boeing 737-800!! Savannah VG, Jabiru's, Drifter's

I've flown the jairu 160, 230 and now fly a tecnam (all of them school owned).

The tecnam i think by far is the most pleasant to fly out of all of them. Jabiru would be the most cost effective.

Which leads me to a question (from someone who will be buying an aircraft shortly). Is cost the main factor that peoiple use when choosing a jabiru?

Guest Maj Millard

Tomo, your just a continous barrel of facts aren't you ? Great aeroplane, and those engines scream like a banshee on take off. I had a friend in Calif. who flew one, and I did a few trips with him. He was an instructor and he would always put me in the LH seat. I remember them well ...................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif