Whats the Betting?

What's the betting that with a new Government and a new Minister, and the ravening Greens to placate, that reforms, GA self certified Medicals, MTOW to 760 kg, relaxed maintenance rules, ADSB subsidies, protection of airports and access to controlled airspace are not only off the table, but what we already have will be whittled away?

Everything has "gone quiet". My experience is that everyone has been told: "It's all on hold until the white paper is released". The white paper? Well if you own an electric aircraft great. for the rest of us, not so much.

I was talking to a greenie, a long distance bicycle tourer, who lived in Fitzroy and complained bitterly about aircraft noise, especially helos at night. He didn't even stop when I told him that most will be ambulance choppers....

There are thousands of these inner city morons.

• Informative 1

Nah, the greens have stuffed themselves at the moment.
with the whole not standing in front of the flag, and declaring the parliament invalid.

don't think the government wants to be seen as working with them

• Informative 1

classic example of the difference between campaign, and the actual governance.

they were smart - shut up during the campaign and sold themselves as the moderate party focused on climate change.

think they had a real shot at offering a third party - but there members are too used to acting like an independent when given the soap box.
be interesting to see if they can get the extremism out before the next election.

• Agree 1

All I will say is……I won’t be sucking it up IF it turns into a b/s show…….you all know my feelings. Pre RAA is the way to go 🙂 

• Like 2

On 7/7/2022 at 12:31 PM, spenaroo said:

Nah, the greens have stuffed themselves at the moment.
with the whole not standing in front of the flag, and declaring the parliament invalid.

don't think the government wants to be seen as working with them

Anthony Albanese was practically picking a fight with them. The Greens might have sunk any referendum associated with the Uluru Statement, too - that’s a fight you can’t win by fighting. Greens 🙄