Taking ASIC too far?

I don't have an ASIC to honor my grandfather who fought in WW1 to make the world a better place.He too hated excessive bureaucracy.

I find it easy enough to avoid such places which "require" one or else just fit around the rules... for example, in Mildura I once had to find somebody else to fill my plane up. Since then, I have found Wentworth to be a better place. ( I only think Mildura is an ASIC place, I never asked ).

The worst thing about the ASIC is the expiry and the cost. As a 5th generation Australian, I object to being treated unfairly.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bruce Tuncks said:

I don't have an ASIC to honor my grandfather who fought in WW1 to make the world a better place.He too hated excessive bureaucracy.

I find it easy enough to avoid such places which "require" one or else just fit around the rules... for example, in Mildura I once had to find somebody else to fill my plane up. Since then, I have found Wentworth to be a better place. ( I only think Mildura is an ASIC place, I never asked ).

The worst thing about the ASIC is the expiry and the cost. As a 5th generation Australian, I object to being treated unfairly.

Well as a 5th generation Australian, who has actually gotten off his bum to go and see the Springvale, Vic bookshop in Springvale Road, which has finally been shut down after YEARS of TRAINING and PRODUCING TERRORISTS, that is training to a curriculum within our local community, I'm not prepared to dis the Federal Government into sitting on its bum doing nothing. So much about the ASIC card has been invented that I can understand why people promote their own theories into what it does and doesn't do.

Edited by turboplanner

58 minutes ago, facthunter said:

Nearly 7 years ago and what is the connection?  Nev

I take it you haven't been reading the previous posts or the newspapers; it finally physically closed a few weeks ago after training hundreds of operatives.

2 hours ago, skippydiesel said:

The only thing ASIC does is cause annoyance to pilots,

Well, I began this thread because the question "Will volunteers working airside for this event need an ASIC card?" had to be answered so I could organise the running of a flying event. I think creating the thread was worse than playing pinata with a hornets' nest.

By the way, my question has been answered - ASIC not required. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, old man emu said:

Well, I began this thread because the question "Will volunteers working airside for this event need an ASIC card?" had to be answered so I could organise the running of a flying event. I think creating the thread was worse than playing pinata with a hornets' nest.

By the way, my question has been answered - ASIC not required. 

Your subject line should have been "Do we need ASICs for an event at Tooraweenah?".  That would have limited the scope for extraneous and irrelevant answers although, not reading NewsCrap papers I am in the dark about Islamic operatives and a Melb bookshop.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, coljones said:

Your subject line should have been "Do we need ASICs for an event at Tooraweenah?".

I'm too old and ugly to be chick bait, so I use clickbait to attract.

• Haha 2