Storms

Just now another flight being greeted by tropical storm. Looks like they should land at one of the two close by airfields at wait it out as Mackay has thunder lightning and Mackay has heavy rain. Look at Eungella Dam area. Won’t be fun.

A3B1E22D-367C-42AA-B868-373DBC49D6A2.png

E6AB404F-156F-487F-8487-FF7FD134BD67.png

4BAE5B93-4CA3-483A-8C4E-45F8039BF034.png

Edited by Blueadventures
  • Like 1
  • Informative 2

Airborne weather radar will define things better than that and being able to scroll up and down gives a better idea of the extent of the cloud height and therefore likely activity.  Changed a lot of things when that was installed from about the mid 60's in most commercial stuff.  Nev

• Informative 1

Mike,

Thruster and I will be flying DRF back to Cowra over a couple of days of queensland sightseeing late April, from YCHT, maybe a 130ish track to the coast , then done the coast for a while. 

Any suggestions since this is your neck of the woods ?

17 minutes ago, RFguy said:

Mike,

Thruster and I will be flying DRF back to Cowra over a couple of days of queensland sightseeing late April, from YCHT, maybe a 130ish track to the coast , then done the coast for a while. 

Any suggestions since this is your neck of the woods ?

Worth visiting Hamilton Island and Shute harbour.  Welcome at Palmyra (would have to confirm dates as runway getting new full reseal in about two weeks so will be closed for two days.  Will send pm.

thanks. see how much time we have.
MDX - I did some reading. wow, quite a story. Likely in 10,000 pieces down a gorge in the Barrington Tops region. OR, got into an updraft, high, high, then carried out to sea and uncerimoniously dumped in pieces in the South Pacific Ocean ?

Or taken by Aliens , and assimilated, IE advanced Cessna strutless technology integrated into their spacecraft collective ?

RFguy - The ravine scenario in several pieces, is the most likely scenario. I'm surprised no-one has done an aeromagnetic search, I would've thought there'd be enough metal in the wreckage - especially the engine - to put up a blip on a screen.

Then again, I'm also surprised that the dedicated treasure hunters haven't tracked it down for the reported $600K on board. If a bloke can find a cunningly hidden $3M treasure chest in the Wyoming mountains, then MDX would make for a pretty simple find, for the dedicated treasure hunter.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/dec/07/forrest-fenn-treasure-finder-identity-jonathan-jack-stuef

mmm Probably best way to find it would be a low VHF   + high UHF downward looking radar looked for energy rerradiated from long lengths of metal.  You'd find alot of fencing wire along the way.... So team it with a hi resolution, near infrared camera to look through the jungle and team it up with some software to figure out what is airplane wreckage and what is fencing wire. Radar could change frequency to discern fencing wire from aircraft parts.   Use RH+LH circular polarized antenna at UHF and you'd discern sheet metal  from fencing wire and thin shapes ..... It's possible.  I'll find it if someone wants to. - glen

Edited by RFguy
  • Like 1