Battery isolator solenoid- legal requirement in 19 reg aircraft?

Should I use one on my magnetiser then? It has a heavy ganged mechanical switch as original. Which is possibly 60 years ago at least'  DC supply from 2 good batteries   ( 24 volts) nominal..   Nev

1 hour ago, Kyle Communications said:

Skippy you wouldnt want to be running any starter motor current through that thing

Narva's go to 120 AMP.

Every battery to 150 AMP

Okay - what do you think an 80 Amp version, was doing on the negative side of a start battery,  in the boot of a muscle car??

28 minutes ago, skippydiesel said:

Narva's go to 120 AMP.

Every battery to 150 AMP

Okay - what do you think an 80 Amp version, was doing on the negative side of a start battery,  in the boot of a muscle car??

Almost certainly for a stereo 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My little Chinese Rossi 200A inverter welder has Toshiba MOSFETS in it. I've never seen such an advancement, nor such an increase in reliability, as this little beast.

It weighs 7kgs against the 35kgs of my previous CIG Handyman welder, and it welds like a welder 3 times its size!

It's never stopped in the 5 or 6 years I've owned it, and I've run 4.0mm electrodes with it for an extended period. Those MOSFETS have revolutionised the electronics industry.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

51 minutes ago, skippydiesel said:

This crowd have an astonishing selection of battery isolator switches :

https://automotivesuperstore.com.au/electrical/batteries-accessories/battery-isolator-switches

So funny, if you look at the third and fourth pics, that's what I'm running now. The lil jigger and Narva battery switch 😄

27 minutes ago, danny_galaga said:

So funny, if you look at the third and fourth pics, that's what I'm running now. The lil jigger and Narva battery switch 😄

They have pages & pages