Do fursuits count as view limiting devices?

It’s an animal suit - the sort of thing you’d put on if you wanted to pretend you’re a bear, a giraffe or a jackass for example, which in my opinion is what you’d be if you wanted to fly a plane wearing one.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1
  • Informative 1

Poor Yank. He needs a SIDCOT suit.

image.jpeg.1edf4ffadd66bd6a3dd0b4930e5cbbd5.jpeg

Australian aviator Frederick Sidney Cotton's experience with high level and low-temperature flying led Cotton in 1917 to develop the revolutionary new "Sidcot" suit, a flying suit which solved the problem pilots had in keeping warm in the cockpit.

You need them in an open cockpit plane at 15,000 ft. I've had a film of ICE on the Instruments and my beard. Geofrey DeHavilland got to 23,000 ft in a Gypsy moth. Cold air helps the Plane climb.   Nev

• Like 1

The fursuit crowd have a thing about dressing up as animals, as in Disneyland-style costumes. They call it "cosplay" - as in "costume play".

I don't know how you'd even get to fit in a cramped cockpit wearing a fursuit - let alone have concerns about "limited view" restrictions.

So, I'd have to opine, the answer to the OP's question in the title is YES, and the answer to the question in post #1, is a resounding, NO.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/255721304885

https://www.paddleyourownkanoo.com/2021/10/27/furries-on-a-plane-southwest-airlines-flight-taken-over-by-animal-costumes/

Edited by onetrack

Ok, strange is it seems...

His name is Mike Kelly and it was on the International Space Station.

He had his twin, Scott also a astronaut hide the suit in cargo and send it up. He wore the Gorilla suit to scare the hell out of the station commander for a joke. Officially the world's highest practical joke.

World's most famous cover of Bowie also done on the ISS by Chris Hadfield "space oddity".

Nothing odd about seeing a gorilla in space..🤣

• Haha 1
  • Informative 1

23 hours ago, onetrack said:

Didn't realise you were actually a closet furry, Litespeed! :cheezy grin:

No need, hirsute would be a understatement. Head like a werewolf's. Shearing rather than hair cutting is the norm.

A furr suit seems redundant in a aircraft a Bird suit is much more appropriate. The use of a wing suit is not cricket so a bright yellow big bird comes to mind.

Looks like a suitable co pilot

image.png.7a2b257a533df7d273a587502e9f3241.png

• Haha 1