Airfield Lost?

I dont think they can charge aircraft entering the "circuit area"    They might have control over the land but NOT the air.

5.       Unauthorized Aircraft Movements - Aircraft entering our circuit area without prior approval will be charged a penalty of $1500.00.

• Agree 1

Just now, FlyBoy1960 said:

I dont think they can charge aircraft entering the "circuit area"    They might have control over the land but NOT the air.

5.       Unauthorized Aircraft Movements - Aircraft entering our circuit area without prior approval will be charged a penalty of $1500.00.

As soon as i call joining circuit that has been counted as a landing fee. Low pass, landing fee. T&G, landing fee... If i call flying overhead, no landing fee. Maybe anything under 500' overhead airfield they can charge? Interesting situation...

• Like 1

Just more corporate greed in action. Good luck to them trying to enforce charges for entering "their" airspace, someone needs to tell them about the Airspace Act 2007.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

I think you will find that the Crown (State) owns/has jurisdiction over the air space - no private individual can own it or levy any form of fee for using it.

This is much like , who owns the minerals below your property - in our system, its all owned by the State. Only the State issues a mining licence.

Or again who owns the sea & the creatures that live in it - the State, no private individual.

Provision may be made, by the State, for traditional land/sea "ownership" but this is at the discretion of the State (or possibly the High Court, an arm of the State)

I stand to be corrected but I don't believe the owner, of the subject airfield, has a farts chance in a hurricane, of receiving any payment from an  aircraft transitioning /joining the circuit, provided they dont land - then landing /parking fees may be legitimately be levied.

• Informative 1

2 hours ago, skippydiesel said:

I think you will find that the Crown (State) owns/has jurisdiction over the air space - no private individual can own it or levy any form of fee for using it.

This is much like , who owns the minerals below your property - in our system, its all owned by the State. Only the State issues a mining licence.

Or again who owns the sea & the creatures that live in it - the State, no private individual.

Provision may be made, by the State, for traditional land/sea "ownership" but this is at the discretion of the State (or possibly the High Court, an arm of the State)

I stand to be corrected but I don't believe the owner, of the subject airfield, has a farts chance in a hurricane, of receiving any payment from an  aircraft transitioning /joining the circuit, provided they dont land - then landing /parking fees may be legitimately be levied.

Maybe this will attract hoards of left and right activists to intentionally use their allocated discretionary C150 hours to practice joining midfield all morning and all afternoon with a four postcode extended downwind complete with 501' low pass breakout of a missed approach on three mile final... guess The State will just have to pay 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

$1500 for entering the circuit area without approval. Good luck collecting that from VICPOL, air ambulance, and me!

Will they charge BIRDS??

Does anyone recall not so long ago when MILDURA Airport somehow put in ERSA (was it? - or tried to?) that gliders were not allowed to fly over the airport!

That soon got torn up.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

What do you need to do, to be ‘authorised’ ?…..and anything below 1000kg MTOW is free ??  Also, video requires prior approval - so keep your phone in your pocket ?

• Like 1

Approval or Authorisation must mean that only pilots holding a current pilot license and medical in a registered aircraft with a maintenance release. All other aircraft and pilots will have to pay $1500

8 hours ago, Reynard said:

?…..and anything below 1000kg MTOW is free ?? 

As I read it, anything below 1000kg MTOW will be deemed a tonne of fun, no less.

Edited by Garfly
  • Haha 1