Hail Protection

On the off chance that a Forum member, in the general area stretching from Newcastle - Sydney - Batemans Bay - Canberra - Cowra,  may be able to assist.

My Sonex is parked in the open, with only a Punkin Head Air Sport cover for protection. The cover is great but won't help if we get large hail.

I have been looking  to acquire a second hand Polytunnel frame or even an old (small) commercial chook house frame, with which to make a lightweight cover for Sonex.

Approximated dimensions (I can modify anything that is a bit small/large):

Wide 8 m x Long 8m x High (centre) 2m 

image.jpeg.70c5d4e2201315706991c03a3a070532.jpeg

Modular Broiler Poultry Shed at Rs 150 ...

Sorry Nev - not looking for construction suggestions, that is unless you have the frame to go with your corrugated sheet.😈

Nissan huts were not always constructed with frames .

Make your hut with the " cross " , in four sections,  tail feathers at one end ,

a wing section either side , then the nose section to complete the " cross " ,

With your baby safe inside ,

Not my design , but spotted at the Oaks .

spacesailor

36 minutes ago, spacesailor said:

Nissan huts were not always constructed with frames .

Make your hut with the " cross " , in four sections,  tail feathers at one end ,

a wing section either side , then the nose section to complete the " cross " ,

With your baby safe inside ,

Not my design , but spotted at the Oaks .

spacesailor

Thanks Spacesailor,

Quite a few "interesting" innovative designs at The Oaks.

Being both lazy and tightfisted (unfortunate?), I am looking for something that already exists. Can be readily transported (after deconstruction) and reassembled with minimal modification. All at minimal cost (preferably Nil or even be payed to take away😁).

I would like to be able to work on my aircraft inside the structure - hence the ideas about tunnels & chook sheds.

You are possibly aware, "building permission" at The Oaks, is very strict, requiring the builder to not construct anything resembling a permanent structure.

I have a igloo shade house for my veggies the cover is from a orchard.. rain goes through but hail just bounces off 

• Like 1

My plane got hit by a hailstorn in Narrabri, parked outside. The damage was on top and down one side (strong wind), so make sure you have the sides covered as well or enough distance to the edge.

• Informative 2