Almost up to 3000 Forum Members

Captain

Looks like you will go close to 3000 members this year Ian.

Was that your plan/aim for calendar year 2008?

Regards, congratulations, thanks for providing this site and compliments of the season.

Geoff (Le Crappee)

Thanks Cap't - the 08 objective was 2,500 which we have reached. I do have to clean out a few old registrations (and some idiot ones but not yet) but it is still over 2,500 which is fantastic.

The greatest achievement for the site I believe was having in a single 24hr period almost 900 registered users log in.

If my memory serves me I also think that we had a poll that showed about 80% or more of our users are RAAus members - I think next years objective will have to be to get a bigger % of RAAus members here - say 30% of RAAus members. I believe we can easily achieve this with some ideas that I will be putting into place here next year

Any Marketing people out there who could also put a 2009 marketing plan together for the site - I am sure the site could invest some money in the right plan to get more people here helping each other???

I know that you have said that you have some cleaning up to do, but the membership clicked thru 3000 before the end of 2008.

A bloody good result for you Ian (and your other Admin workers).

It shows that you have the formula about right.

Thanks Cap't - yes, I also feel that the formulae is nearly right and a part of that formula is to keep improving the site - I think we should start cleaning up soon by removing an old registration for every new one that arrives over the 3,000 mark - means we will stay at 3,000 users for a little while but those 3,000 users will be regular ones.

In 2009 we will start to spend some more money on advertising other then the nearly $3,500 a year we already spend in the RAAus mag and develop a whole new marketing plan.

In 2009 we will introduce many new initiatives never before seen on an aviation web site plus many things never before being seen done by an aviation web site.

Now that the police (Heidelberg CIB) are handling all the threatening and disgusting emails that I get - they get forwarded a copy of each email with the site security reports that lists real IP addresses, ISP providers etc - In recent weeks I have been blackmailed, told my children have genetic disorders given to them by me, been cc'd on emails that have been sent to others in attempts to discredit me and much more, it should be a better year in 2009 - hey, and all I did was to set up a site where pilots could come together to help each other to stay safe, seems there are a couple of people in our industry that don't like the successful formula that is being used here Cap't 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Anyway, stay tuned for an incredible year of aviation in 2009 - there is Avalon and then offcourse NatFly, a "Come And Get It Trophy" relay by Rec Fly members finishing at Natfly, also a Recreational Flying Flyin during the year, many site improvements and above all, many new friendships being made right here at Recreational Flying.

Enjoy your New Year!

Ian, blown away by what you have stated above about those emails.What makes up the personalities of people like this. I hope that when charges are laid by the police that they will be publicly named and shamed so we can all avoid them.

Have a great start to the new year and thanks for setting up this site

Ozzie

I hope that when charges are laid by the police that they will be publicly named and shamed so we can all avoid them.Ozzie

They sure will be Mate, they will be named so 3,000+ recreational pilots in this industry will know the type of people they are (3 off them so far - one near Brisbane, one in Ballarat and one in Canberra all working together).

Ian,

To here of those emails is very disturbing. I can't wait to here them named so hopefully they will crawl under a rock and dissapear. To make the accusations about your family and especialy your kids is just down right a discrace. As Turbo stated that for everyone of those oxygen thieves there is 3000+ people who are appreciative of your efforts.

AND TO THOSE WHO ARE SENDING THE EMAILS GET A LIFE!!!!!!! karma is a real 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif

Guest Brett Campany

Ian, it's horrible to see that people can have such an effect, I hope this gets sorted out sooner rather than later. I've been a part of other forums in the past where problems like that occur all to often. Unfortunately it's something that the internet breeds.

But what you have here is a great communication tool where people can get together, help each other out and share the same enthusiasm in aviation. Keep up the great work mate, you've got a lot of support here!

R461 i can see the suport ian has here 3000 to 3 or 5 aint very good ods in the long term when it gets out who they are word off mouth will bring them down

gutles 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif picking on kids of a man that has put up a web site for so many to learn from and done it with his own money given up time just we could comunicaite with each other

knowing ian personaly i have great respect for him and his family for what he has done to bring pilots off many hrs to learners to those that need a little bit of a shove to go and learn:thumb_up: all to gether

ian painted that ceiling yet:laugh:006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif099_off_topic.gif.20188a5321221476a2fad1197804b380.gif or put a light in the cupboard:hittinghead:087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif102_wasnt_me.gif.b4992218d6a9d117d3ea68a818d37d57.gif

ian may the new year bring you and the family prosperty and happeness neil

Ian

What else to do other than to say "thanks"

when thanks seems such a pathetic response to all the work, time and dollars that you have invested.

The offending e-mails are a sad comment on society.

A society in which we all live, the good the bad and the ugly of us.

Again many thanks

and a happy, healthy, prosperous and rewarding 2009 to you and yours

David

Jealousy?

Ian,

Jealousy is a powerful force and these people are totally annoyed about how you have used your unique insight and skills to get the fraternity involved in flying in a way they cant.

This site is an absolutely fantastic vehicle for any pilot wanting to know whats the latest news , views and feel like a part of a community even if they live in a small town in the outback or farm or even in the commercial flying industry.

The NES is a classic example of that, wonderful and excrutiatingly funny stuff that is unique.

So use their force to foster your power of goodness.

Looking foward to 2009.:thumb_up: