Flying over Xmas

Captain

If a member of this forum was to fly on Christmas Day and Boxing Day, would that be seen as rather cool or a bit sad?

The weather around here on those 2 days has been the best for months .... and I guess that is my only excuse for putting in a great 5 hours over the past 2 days.

Captain - I fly when I want to, weather permitting. :thumb_up: I choose not to fly xmas day and boxing day for the following reasons: ;)

a. usually flat out with family committments, :heart:

b. usually had a few sherbets, 031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif and way too much food, :pig:

c. although the chances are very slight, 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif happens, and the last thing I wan't to do is make xmas time the anniversary of my demise. :yuk:

However, I will defend your right to fly whenever you want to. ;):thumb_up:

regards

:big_grin::big_grin:

The only way it could be cool or sad is if the weather is cold or you don't enjoy it.

Don't worry about what others think so long as you are happy with it and it doesn't hurt anyone.

I flew on Christmas day and boxing day and I`ll go up again some time today,but then again,I don`t have a problem with the locals or my wife.

I`m privileged to be able to fly when I feel like it and I believe it`s more important to try and not bother anyone on the ground,trying to get some peace,than weather anyone thinks it`s "COOL".

It`s always "COOL" up there,because it`s pretty hot and humid down here.

Happy New Year,everyone.

Frank.002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

I also flew on Boxing Day.. Big trip from my farm to Bathurst Airport to take on some Avgas.. 10 minutes each way.. Pulled up at the Mobil bowser, only to find a piece of paper stuck on the front saying the Mobil Carnet card is not accepted any more! Only had 10 - 15 litres on board.. So had to phone an Aero club member to bail me out; not the sort of thing you want to do on a holiday..

Captain - I fly when I want to, weather permitting. :thumb_up: I choose not to fly xmas day and boxing day for the following reasons: ;)b. usually had a few sherbets, 031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif and way too much food, :pig:

:big_grin::big_grin:

Good onya Pete,hope no one does,when this is the case.

Frank.

Guest rxbrumby

I was going to fly on both those days, but i got up too late/took too long to get orginised and by that time the weather had got too hot or thunder storms had arrived. Did get about 10 hours in between the 21st and 27th while on holiday at clare.

scott

Cool/Sad ... irrelevant. Awsome adventure? YES.

Not this year but last Christmas my wife and I decided on Chrissy Eve to submit a plan and fly from Cooma to Launceston on Christmas Day to visit our daughter as she was new to the area and alone. Cooma to Yarram via the coast where we were greeted by very friendly locals who came out on Christmas Day around lunch time in case we needed to take on fuel (thanks heaps guys). Then across the Strait to Tas for a memorable rendezvous. Great trip and wonderful memories, even the ham sandwich Christmas lunch at Yarram strip.

Paul

It may sound silly, but I choose deliberately not to fly on Chrismas Eve and Christmas Day for the mere fact that if anything happened (went wrong) it would spoil my Christmas and the Christmas of those around me. With all the people, friends and family around there might be pressures to put upon me to do things I normally wouldn't, such as carrying that extra passenger or the fat uncle for example that might put me over MTOW.

As it happens we lost a local pilot down here on Christmas Day and it stuffed up Christmas for a lot of people in the area, so I like to hang up the keys on these days any enjoy the festive season.

That being said Captain, not a selfish act at all to fly over this period and if the weather is good, enjoy!

Guest drizzt1978

As long as the egg nogs worn off, and its not a force 9 hurricane i say why not....for me tho, way too much egg nog and burgundy!!!!!!:hittinghead:036_faint.gif.544c913aae3989c0f13fd9d3b82e4e2c.gif

As it happens we lost a local pilot down here on Christmas Day and it stuffed up Christmas for a lot of people in the area, so I like to hang up the keys on these days and enjoy the festive season.!

Enjoy you should but what about the car keys,do you still get into the car,how many get wiped out in car accidents.

Regards and all the best for the new year.

Ps,Just landed 15 minutes ago from a beautifull and most envoyable flight.

Frank, Does sh... do yo...who flies the aircraft shown in your avatar?

Neither, 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif 006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif ,however some I`ve flown come close.

Sh... is pretty good in fact :thumb_up: and will come up in the Drifter once in a while on a good day.

All the best for the new year.

Enjoy you should but what about the car keys,do you still get into the car,how many get wiped out in car accidents.

Nope, won't travel any great distance by road during holiday periods either. After you get up close and personal with the aftermath enough times you get a bit put off by it all. It's nice to have the choice.

Happy new year to all and sundry 018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif

What about if you were given an aeroplane for Xmas by a thoughtful spouse? You would just HAVE to take it for a fly!! Has anyone here ever been given an aeroplane for xmas?

No plane, but my wife is a keen Trap Shooter so I gave her a new trap gun and 5000 12 gauge trap shells for Xmas a few years ago.

My wife loved it ... but her mother was mortified.