Whats in a Name

Just something different I don't know if it has been done before..

Where did you get your handle from.. your screen name..

I got mine one night when sitting at Tullamarine airport when my Partner realized that I was coming home.

I own a yacht that is a TrailCat 800 model. Just mucking around she came up with Tango Charlie. we both then went on to have most of the conversation using the phonetic alphabet. You can tell that I hate airports..

PS: I still dont tell her when I'm coming home. I like the suprised look she has on her face at some really weird hours..

Cheers

Well mine was easy... my name is Tom, and I often get called Tomo by Mum, so that's just what I Put down......:big_grin: Although Mum doesn't like spelling it like Tomo, she like's Thomo........... But I reckon the other looks better.....and for those that can't pronounce very well, they end up calling me Th - omo other wise:confused:

Anyway that's my little testimony:laugh:

My nick name at work was "H" (shortened from Howard :yuk:)

I went to Korea to work on the Commonwealth Games.:big_grin:

The Koreans would always call you Mister then your name.

:idea:They heard my work mates call me "H" so they then called me Mister H - hence MrH

and it's stuck:thumb_up:

Cheers

H

Guest ozzie

'Ozzie' came from the Canadians and Americans. being referred to as that Ozzie (aussie)Lazair pilot. On Drop Zones i've been labled as 'Robes', a hash of my surname. There was just to much confusion when Steve was called out. just to many with that name.

Mine came from my surname,Hodges.In the RAAF some people called me Hodgey but one bloke always called me Hoggy,then it was shortened to Hog when I started skydiving because they said I was a jumphog(on every load).Anyway,I thought if I was ever rich enough to get those expensive personalised number plates for my car it would have to be SKYHOG.

Well done Sherlock....Seriously though,when we are driving past next time I'll let you know and see if we can catch up.I will be passing by on my way to YPMQ for the June long weekend but your strip may not be long enough for the Archer.Cheers,Gary.

Guest drizzt1978

Drizzt is my favourite character from Fantasy Adventure Books as a young boy/man (and sometimes now!))

The 1978 is my birth year, It was impossible to get a hotmail account with just drizzt so I added my birth year. And it I use it everyehere these days..

Wiki link

Drizzt Do'Urden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think he could be a hard pilot!

Yeah,it's only an Archer mate.If I was in the 182,no worries but,180hp/fixed pitch prop 4 onboard,probably not.A 185 would have no worries....you don't know where I could buy a cheap one do you?

Is your club at Scone?If it is,the presidents aircraft would be VH-DGL(does ground loop).That plane was owned by the Newcastle Sport Parachute Club since almost forever and I would have jumped out of it close to a thousand times before some young pilot with glowing references ground looped it witin 100m on his first takeoff.

Guest ozzie

DGL only had one other owner before NSPC, He was Jim Hazelton and then based at Wedderburn. It was originally set up for ag work had the trim wheel moved to the roof. Great aircraft. Saw it in Scone while back looked spiffy in white yellow and black paint. looked weird with seats in it. still had the inflight door.

ozzie

My handle came about when I was looking for a user name many years ago. My nick name since I was 8 years old (56 now) is Pud and at the time my occupation was as an Estimator/Contract Administrator in the building industry so I just used the estcon from that.

Cheers,

Pud

Mate,if you'd seen "Doogle" after it had groundlooped,you'd swear it was a total wreck.It is a huge credit to NP to bring it back to life.

need explanation ?

I don't think I need to explain wanabigaplane, but I would like to point out that it goes with the Sapphire in my avatar.

In my trip half way around Australia in it, there was just not enough room for everything - especially with ERSA full of pages referring to places an RAAus 'plane cannot fly. And Mr Funnel.

Jack. :):)

pretty straight forward really! well, became sort of a nick name around bankstown when i was taking the schools cherokees and larger GA aircraft to the oaks to spend some time in a Jab LSA, the other GA students and pilot there all thought i was nuts, and one day somone came into the school asking about ultralights, and someone yelled out to me, Ultra, he knows those ultralight thingoes! sort of stuck.

ironically not long after that the new CFi banned me from hiring aircfraft from that school for taking their Piper Archer into the Oaks. aparently under the new CFI, all their aircraft suddenly became very heavy and could no longer land on a 800 mtr grass srtip. i was told the strip was too short, and he wasnt impressed with me showing him a P chart, and he banned me from the school, been flying ultralights ever since, well, except for PPL BFR's and now CPL.

hey, what happened to my Avatar pic? i take it was censored?

Guest Mad Dave

Mine is pretty straight foward too, my name is Dave, and I am part owner of a company called Madman Printing, so it gets used for everything!

Dave

Guest ozzie

I saw some photos of "doogs' laying on it's side with one wing sticking up in the air. poor decision by the clubs committee to allow a low time pilot to fly it. i wanted pilots to lodge a bond to cover the excess and increase in rates in case they pranged it but you know the mentality of club comittees. No problem there now as they don't own an aircraft.

robes

Farri ?

That`s simply because my first name starts with F and the last bit is my surname.

Now wasn`t that thoughtfull ? ,I ask you. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Frank.002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

MR BADGER came from "wind in the willows" mr badger being ,grumpy,wise and always willing to help his friends out ....... but also loves his privacey too!!!!

and i was told thats what i am like so i am mr badger>>>>>>>>

I got mine in 1973 when i was flying a VP-1. The then Commander Air the boss of all flying at HMAS albatross(I was in the Navy) forced him self on me and wanted to fly my aircraft. Middle of winter and as cold as charity. After an hour of flying he returned and asked "whats' your name son" me just said "Bob" so he reckoned i was a block of ice to fly "that thing" so the name stuck as Icebob.

Bob.