how NOT to fly IFR.

this is what happens when you fly VFR into IFR, and fail to follow basic rules of flying.. especially following a GPS in IFR conditions in mountainous terrain.

a very good way to kill almost yourself and 3 friends.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nm8pNgqBAk&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nm8pNgqBAk&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

You guys have left me nothing to comment about that hasn't already been said. These pns crnms are lucky to be able to laugh at their misadventure.

Decca.

Guest drizzt1978

Some people just treat life as a game......

Just ridiculous some one should have been locked up for that......................

With all the gimmicks that can be used to make these clips,I`m not sure what to believe anymore.

Flying VFR though means just that, and in our case 5 kilometers visibality is minimum requirement.

Frank.

Its OK for us, if we were to find ourselves with a pea brain like that, we have the knowledge and are in a position to tell him in no uncertain terms not to get anywhere near that situation. But what about non pilots, the poor buggers probably still have no idea what happened to them. The guy needs a kick in the pants.

(moderated due to language - Ian)

The incident report and insurance claim would make for interesting reading. You can bet with a little bit of creative writing, that the description and video would be substantially different.

If they were 20 feet lower or less, we would be reading about it (another CFIT). I think it is genuine, most people with a near death experience, normaly joke about it later, its a human nature, how to deal with it, an try to forget etc.IMO cheers

Surprising what you can find in clouds, trees, other aeroplanes. Mountains, and sometimes the earth rushing straight at you. Nev.

I can`t understand why some pilots just don`t get it,how can anyone be that, stupid?.

Is it that they believe they will be able to see through cloud,or is it that they just don`t realise how fast cloud can materialise around them.

VFR,Visual Flight Reference,"Stay Away From Cloud".

Frank.002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Maybe the pilot hasnt heard about LSALT before. If it is true, they were very lucky.The way they reacted, makes me think it is true, i mean i have had a couple of close calls riding motor bikes, (with cars) and when you reflect on it a little later, i find that i joke a little about it and write the incident off, as a near miss. If you know what i mean. It is hard to explain.Cheers