Guest hatter

Hi everyone, I am 65 years old and started learning to fly as a student 49 years ago in a Cessna 172 . Well after 12 mounths I gave it away and I have regretted it from that day. Today I had my first hour in a Technam loved it and went not too bad considering how long ago it was that I had flown. It only goes to prove that it is never to late to start again.

Regards Max

Another one (only slightly) older than me. Welcome to the forums Max.

Maybe you should make that your signature: "It's never too late to start again".

Regards, Decca.098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Thanks dazza 38 and Decca for the welcome , I suppose all I have to do now is stick around long enough to get to do plenty of dreaming. Max

Guest mike_perth

Welcome Hatter

Im always interested to find out why people pick certain names as there forum Alias

Mines pretty obvious but Hatter.......please dont tell me you drive with a Hat on your back parcel shelf!!chill_out.gif.cee4903a35751abb602feb480645ccbb.gif

Mike

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your replies my training is going not too bad my first take off was not good and headed left towards the edge of the runway, the second time the same but the third time almost perfect and I am happy now with my take offs. Landings have been good no dramas but still have some work to do on circuits so I am hoping that I will get better with some more time trying to bring everything together.

I have a very good instructor (CFI) which makes training so much easier for me to pick up where I left off.

My nick name is the Mad Hatter only because that is my real last name and sometimes I do think I am mad.

Thanks Cazza I will take you up on that cuppa one day in the future after I have my cross country.

Welcome hatter. The old old story of starting GA flying and not finishing. One of the reasons In my opinion is the boredom of endless circuits. It must be better to take students from home base to nearby strips , to give them a bit of climb, cruise and descent as well as circuit practice and also different runways.

Rocker will take you out to a couple of private airstrips he uses for training, so you will get plenty of practice with precautionary, simulated forced and actual landings into a couple of tricky airstrips. Watch him though! He tells jokes, then cuts the motor to idle while you're still laughing.

Thanks for the tip ahlocks I will be on the lookout the next time we go out there when he is really happy but as I use the right throttle and leave my hand on it he will have to be really sneaky about doing it.

• 2 weeks later...
65 is the new 45!

Welcome to the forums hatter.

That gregrobertson says such nice things, which makes me a mere 46.

Geeeeeeeeeeeez i'm feeling better already!011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gifjive.gif.035c4a81724c712198cdb1757d6fb926.gif:rilla::rilla::rilla::big_grin:

Try showing your CFI your Pension Card and ask if you can go flying for $2.50.

Don't blame me if it does'nt work though, it was just a thought!

Regards

Planey

Well Kaz I just hope when its time to sit for my ground exams that my old brain works OK and does not let me down. Only time will tell.

Thanks for the idea Planey I will try showing my pension card next time I go to pay and see what happens but I do agree with you that it will not work for sure.

Regards

hatter