The world's shortest fairytale:

Guest Qwerty

Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl, "Will you marry me? "

The girl said, "NO!" And the guy lived happily ever after and went flying and fishing and hunting and drank beer and frrted whenever he wanted.

THE END :raise_eyebrow:

Lol Cecil...so I can guess your age at 60+? And actually lots of people fly planes without licenses...

Quite a substantial amount younger Winsor.... 18 it 'tis!

Exactly.... but it ain't right is it... same difference!

Quite a substantial amount younger Winsor.... 18 it 'tis!Exactly.... but it ain't right is it... same difference!

Then you better get a GA license and have a vasectomy... Just a good bit of advise from an oldie with a kid who isn't married to a kid who isn't married. Or just don't do it until you are married...lol

Seems I might have started something here.087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif ....The present (American?) trend to "hookups" rather than the dating game of my youth I find disturbing to say the least. But its not my world...it belongs to my son and his generation now. He can sow his wild oats as he sees fit, provided he reaps any crop....deftly:ah_oh: Yen is right though, and the difficult world of the near future will need nuclear families, without any implied explosion thereof :ne_nau:

Marcus

I think we are all missing something here... The only generation that feigns shock at kids out of wedlock/sex before marraige yada yada is our grandparents generation and their parents... they mostly lived through or grew up during one of two world wars, the great depression and many other major changes that happened to our society only last century... I find it sort of strange that the strange system of morality forced upon a few generations by world events is accepted by so many of us to be normal... Go back 200 years and the majority of people were having sex at a young age... heck... a lot of women had 7 kids by the time they were 20... and the modern notion of marriage was only for the few of upper class breeding...

Don't get me started.......

Just tell me why the majority of kids are the way they are these days? They don't know who their Father or Mother is... family's are wrecked... lives wrecked, people don't know who they are themselves.... Why is texting/internet chatting so popular among them...? Why does all this 'accidental' baby stuff happen amongst teenagers? Vandalism of places? Teenager killings (there was one in Gympie just the other day), teenagers get bullied around by each other to such an extent it is just destroying personalities.... I could go on and on, but I won't because you get the idea....

Why? We need to be role models, be a role model, do the right thing for your kids, be fair dinkum... Not marring is just an easy way out if the apple cart gets kicked... Have you ever noticed how 'ify' todays young ones are, love someone crazy one minute and hate them like blue murder the next?

I've said way to much... but I hope you get the idea... It needs to be known. Peoples lives are literally at stake here, might not be you... but your kids, kids etc....

Don't get me started.......Just tell me why the majority of kids are the way they are these days? They don't know who their Father or Mother is... family's are wrecked... lives wrecked, people don't know who they are themselves.... Why is texting/internet chatting so popular among them...? Why does all this 'accidental' baby stuff happen amongst teenagers? Vandalism of places? Teenager killings (there was one in Gympie just the other day), teenagers get bullied around by each other to such an extent it is just destroying personalities.... I could go on and on, but I won't because you get the idea....

Why? We need to be role models, be a role model, do the right thing for your kids, be fair dinkum... Not marring is just an easy way out if the apple cart gets kicked... Have you ever noticed how 'ify' todays young ones are, love someone crazy one minute and hate them like blue murder the next?

I've said way to much... but I hope you get the idea... It needs to be known. Peoples lives are literally at stake here, might not be you... but your kids, kids etc....

All I can say is... :thumb_up:

All I can say is... :thumb_up:

Thank you Jen...

Sadly it isn't the kids fault at all but the parents... I'm not throwing stones at anyone in particular, but its the stone truth I'm afraid.

I might only be 18 but thats not the point, Some people say its fun..! sorry but I just can't comprehend hurting someone as fun.

BTW, if you would like to discuss further, best to PM me, I'm happy too, it's not the first time.

Blame.

Don't just blame the parents. It is the result of a lot of factors. (I could fill a page) To do with self-image, the consumer society, Conspicuous wealth, advertising that sells on impulse and with deferred payments. Working parents, alcohol and dependency (as a syndrome) Unequal opportunity, lack of work ethic. instant gratification, boredom with anything that takes more than about 5 minutes to make/ do. Lack of ability to have meaningfull relationships. Frustration and anger management problems, depression etc. This tribe is complicated and doesn't give directions and roles that are accepted often. Healthy disrespect for rules is ok but total anarchy is hard to handle. We as a society have it pretty good compared to most people in the world and if we just appreciated what we have and did not bemoan what we don't have ( and probably don't need ) we would be a lot more reasonable to each other. Nev

He's got my vote!

It's a very insightful piece Nev. :thumb_up:

Me too:thumb_up: Thanks Nev....

Ps. Sorry to all the people I've so called 'insulted' by what I said :ah_oh:

.................meanwhile the fairytale continues, flying and XXXXing and being not fashionable and burning fossil fuel and not giving a rats. 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl, "Will you marry me? "The girl said, "NO!" And the guy lived happily ever after and went flying and fishing and hunting and drank beer and frrted whenever he wanted.

My ears are burning again!chill_out.gif.cee4903a35751abb602feb480645ccbb.gif

Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl, "Will you marry me? "The girl said, "NO!" And the guy lived happily ever after and went flying and fishing and hunting and drank beer and frrted whenever he wanted.

Thats not a fairytale.......thats a dream come true 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif102_wasnt_me.gif.b4992218d6a9d117d3ea68a818d37d57.gif