Test Passed!

Neil_S

After waiting nearly 6 weeks for reasonable weather, the CFI, and myself to coincide I finally took my RA-Aus test yesterday. My landings were pretty average, not sure if that was nerves or wind shear, but fortunately I still heard the words "congratulations - you've passed!" 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Now looking forward to flying some more hours and getting my PAX endorsement so I can take my daughter up (my wife doesn't like "small" planes!), and then doing my Navs.

Only took around 40 years to get there......:big_grin:

Cheers

Neil

Congratulations, well done, and keep trying to encourage the missus.

Mine swore I would never get her up in a Gazelle (too small, she has never been in anything smaller than a Jumbo) but after her first flight and a small xcountry, she is a little bit better.

Try and get her involved in helping you, navigation, timing, lookout etc

Anyway, have fun and wear them wings with pride

Cheers

Bryon

Well done Neil - congrats!

Can sympathise with your wife not wanting to go up - mine is the same, even hates Jumbo's!!

Unfortunately, our daughters have inherited her fear of flying, so looks like I'll be doing a lot of solo stuff (that's if I ever nail my landings, of course!).

Thanks for the kind words, folks!

Bryon & GraemeK - I am kinda hoping my wife might go up for a nice gentle flight on a calm day with my instructor, who has zillions of hours flying commercial jets. Unfortunately she doesn't like the big perspex doors in the Gazelle, so the Texan looks a better bet. I will keep you posted on that one!

Cheers

Neil

such a great feeling isnt it getting that license?

Bummer though when my instructor said to me "thats only a ticket to learn how to fly"

Made me think a bit.

Still learning and lovin it.

Take care up there.