Another NEW Savannah XL on its way

Kyle Communications

Lots of action at the farm putting the hangar up now[ATTACH=full]29148[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]29149[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]29147[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]29150[/ATTACH]

Wow!

I said I would post some pictures of Danny leach's rudder pedal mods. Much easier to do that the way I did mine but I have size 13 shoes. Just bent U shape alu but shaped so that they are vertical at the front and angled slightly at the back to accommodate the brake pedals. Danny just got his heavily modified VG flying recently and was having trouble dragging a brake on takeoff and landings. He saw my mods and came up with his much easier to do. I think it works well although for my feet they need to be higher and it may block off too much of the brake pedals. But for a quick easy mod to Savannahs this would be the best option

Mark

IMG_1781.JPG.6f3a763692985e10dd238c9bf501c91b.JPG

IMG_1780.JPG.9d20733103763cb87a8256a4792bd2af.JPG

IMG_1779.JPG.1b6bade8db8e755cf94805bfccc38785.JPG

• Like 3
  • Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...

The trucks are rolling in at 7 in the morning to pour my slab, start erection on Monday, hopefully have a hangar by the end of next week, the boys are keen. I picked up three 450mm whirlybirds on ebay, so I will be having three silver nipples Hank.

• Like 2

You need to leave the slab a couple of weeks to let it set properly. Mine isn't finished yet they are doing a few things to it. Got my mate doing the earthworks so I can put water tanks either side of the shed. He tells me the doors need adjusting too and the outrigger supports have been put in today

238496553_IMG_0182copy.jpg.f9e358f0304ac415736d718331d9a8c8.jpg

The slab was poured this morning and the formwork stripped and packed up by four o'clock. Nobody will go near it until the kit arrives Friday and then builders will be back first thing Monday morning.

Only race has been against myself, been going to build this shed for twenty years, just getting around to it, I would probrably have my plane finished by now if I had finished the shed twelve months ago, I have had too many people coming to stay in the other airplane factory.

If I had built it twenty years ago it probrably wouldn't have had big enough doors!