Just landed

IanR

Hi Folks, I have been reading the forum for a few weeks now and thought I had better do the right thing and introduce myself.

I have been flying GA for about 20 years - most types from C152 through to light twins. I also like vintage aircraft such as Tiger Moth and Chipmunk which I fly when I can. My other love is formation flying.

We live under the circuit of The Oaks airfield so I have been thinking for a while of doing some RA flying and have visited the local school to talk to them about it.

One concern I have always had about this small end of the flying scene is that I am 6'3" and 105kgs so I need to work out what I can actually fit in.

This forum is really good - hats off to those who organise it. ..... Ian

Guest palexxxx
Hi Folks, I have been reading the forum for a few weeks now and thought I had better do the right thing and introduce myself. I have been flying GA for about 20 years - most types from C152 through to light twins. I also like vintage aircraft such as Tiger Moth and Chipmunk which I fly when I can. My other love is formation flying.

We live under the circuit of The Oaks airfield so I have been thinking for a while of doing some RA flying and have visited the local school to talk to them about it.

One concern I have always had about this small end of the flying scene is that I am 6'3" and 105kgs so I need to work out what I can actually fit in.

This forum is really good - hats off to those who organise it. ..... Ian

Hi Ian,

Welcome to the forum, I think I have already PM'd you. I'm about the same size as you. There's quite a few RA aircraft that blokes our size can fit into. My favourite being the CT. I'm sure you'll find it far roomier than a 152, 10 inches wider cabin for a start.

Peter.

Guest David C

Ian,

Welcome to the forum . Great to have you on board . I am one of The Oaks flyers , as is Darren , Arthur and a few others . Pop around on a weekend and say G'day . You will find us all at the Daves Flying School having a yarn and a cuppa .

See ya !

Dave

Welcome Ian,

You will have no worries finding an aircraft to convert over in, even the more popular range of aircraft used for training such as the CT, Tecnam P92 or even the Jab 160..(All wider than a 152)

If you need help trying to find the right school or any help regarding converting over... This is the place to be.

Hi Ian

Welcome to the forums - gee we are getting way too many Ian's here - it's getting confusing 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

It is great to hear you considering the RA-Aus end of flying, personally I think we have more fun - and re the height, well I'm not as tall as some others here being 6ft and 100 to 1005 kg (variable depending on before or after lunch) and I have a Gazelle that I fit into pretty well and they are fairly tight compared to the new 160 Jab and other aircraft.

Hope you enjoy your stay here and feel free to ask as many questions as you like and join in the great range of conversations being had here.

Guest David C

Ian ,

I won't give too much away here , but are you the guy who is building the RV , and a member of the SAAA ? , If so we have met .

Dave

HI Ian, I must have missed the mentioning of 'The Oaks'.

6' 3" x 105 kg's?, not a problem, come on out and try our Lightwings.

Plenty of room and lift!

Arthur, Instructor for The Sydney Recreational Flying Club (SRFC

Thanks Arthur - so the Lightwing can carry me, instructor and fuel ? I was thinking after visiting the airfield a couple of times that there were not any suitable aircraft there that I could legally train in with two people !! Certainly the small Jabiru's with the 430KG MTOW don't work.

FYI - you probably use my property as a landmark in the circuit - we have the pine forest where a lot of aircraft turn base for runway 36 !!