Western Australia Trip

JG3

Hey JG,

Not only are you an adventurer doing things that most of us can only dream of, you provide great information and inspiration but mostly you are an artist.

You should flog your photos in BIG frames at the local tourist haunts (like Karanda) - at some of the going prices for these, it could fuel your next few trips.

Thanks again for another fabulous adventure to places that I've only seen from ground level.......(brought back lots of good memories though)

Cheers

H

Hi JG

My brother who used to be on an iron ore ship, said that Koolan Island was an Iron ore deposit not Bauxite.

Also of interest, nearby Cockatoo Island (80% iron ore) had a long par 4 fairway which was also the aircraft runway. Golfers had to give way to planes; rightly so.

He also commented on the excellent quality of the pics.

Phil.

Hi JGMy brother who used to be on an iron ore ship, said that Koolan Island was an Iron ore deposit not Bauxite.

Also of interest, nearby Cockatoo Island (80% iron ore) had a long par 4 fairway which was also the aircraft runway. Golfers had to give way to planes; rightly so.

He also commented on the excellent quality of the pics.

Phil.

OK I'll change that, thanks.

JG

In May I did a flying trip in my Savannah from Kilcoy, SE Qld, across the center to Shark Bay, then around about the Kimberley and Pilbara, then back home across the center. Photos are at:https://picasaweb.google.com/woblywallaby/WestAustraliaTrip?authkey=Gv1sRgCJbzvM23iO6-vgE

To get full screen view press F11 on your keyboard. Click on the right arrow at the bottom of the screen to advance the pictures.

JG

Hi John,

I can't seem to get the photos to come up, any ideas why?

Pete

Hi John,I can't seem to get the photos to come up, any ideas why?

Pete

I really don't know. I'm not very clued in this internet maze..... I just tried the link in your quote and it came up for me. Maybe you have to be registered in Picasa, but I thought it would prompt you. Could it be a setting on your computer denying images?? I'm afraid I can't help more.....

JG

• 4 weeks later...

As, per my private email to you the day you posted this, I think the scenery, the photography and the commentary were just fantastic! Now I would like to say this publicly: Thanks, JG3, for sharing your trip with us.

I have now looked through these wonderful photos three times and I am amazed at both the vastness and rugged beauty of my country.

Yeh, I'll write up the details when I can make the time. Lots of other chores been neglected and need catching up.....JG

Hi JG3

I just spent the best part of an hour and a half looking through your photos while dreaming of just such a trip and reminiscing about my own experiences in some of the country you covered.

I too am very interested in your itinerary, the places you landed at and the availability of avgas and/or mogas.

You have the legs of me by many a mile so I need to be sure of obtaining fuel for the Auster at intervals preferably of 250 and certainly no more than 300 miles.

Your photos are awesome, mate and it has been fantastic to be able to view them. Thank you for sharing.

kaz

Hi JG3I too am very interested in your itinerary, the places you landed at and the availability of avgas and/or mogas.

You have the legs of me by many a mile so I need to be sure of obtaining fuel for the Auster at intervals preferably of 250 and certainly no more than 300 miles.

kaz

Yeh, I intend to write all that up, with fueling details, etc, but it will have to wait for summer until I have the time, and it's too hot to work outside.

JG