Wollongong Ultralight out of fuel?

68volksy

Guest extralite

People complain when there are too may rules ("we have become the nanny state") and when there are not enough rules. Personally I think the balance is right and i like the current setup and think its working okay. People are enjoying recreation again. There have been worse things done in GA then the occassional person flying a non standard circuit., likewise in Recreational aviation. I'm a GA pilot too but find the recreational side has much more interestng aircraft, more interesting characters, more stories, more innovation and people have the right to have a bit of freedom and fun. GA has some of this too, but the best description of GA would be "staid" and a bit cliquey,....mostly flying 30 year old aircraft expensively and very conservatively. Nothing wrong with that for those that like it.

Give me a bit of fun any day, legally. But aviation should have at least some adventure, and adventure comes with risks. Some will manage the risks well, some won't and pay the price, but thats freedom. To live a life without any risks, firslty give up flying, then book a unit in the nursing home now and move in.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get very frustrated when people make comments thinking they know best, well I am no genius but have enough experience to comment and most importantly CASA and RAA in this country at present are doing a good job, if anyone rocks the boat we may lose our freedoms that many worked so hard to get, remember all this didn't just happen, people worked hard to get these things happening and currently SAAA any others are trying to get the RPL happening, these are not just band wagons to jump on after everyone works hard then winge about, if we make waves we lose these priviledges for everyone and destroy what people worked hard for. Everyone needs to watch out for all Pilots RAA and GA and any cowboys in our ranks should be told to take care or if unable to they should be confidentially reported as we all share the airspace. We need to be proud of our ability and airmanship.

Below are the mission statements of RAA and Regulatory framework so everything is in place there is nothing wrong with the way things are going its just people make mistakes and cause accidents, I have made mistakes but without any accident as I made the corrections quickly and I always inform others of these so they may not make the same mistake. There are many sayings in aviation and the most important one is "you must learn from other peoples mistakes because you will not live long enough to learn from your own mistakes".

Please take the time to look and read before critising the system.

http://flysafe.raa.asn.au/regulations/regulations.html

http://www.raa.asn.au/admin/mission.html

http://flysafe.raa.asn.au/regulations/benchmarks.html

This is what it's about don't ruin it by complaining, it's your organisation if you don't like it leave and get a PPL, I have a PPL

but am happy flying RAA aircraft . Remember when you join RAA you agree not to bring it into disrepute.

RAA Mission

To foster, encourage and develop safe Recreational Aviation in Australia with minimum bureaucracy* and minimum cost.

*Note: 'bureaucracy' implying excessive and/or unimaginative official routines, not routines required

to collect data that provide information for a valid purpose, such as safety improvement.

• Like 2

FT, if you cant help the discussion, or read and interpret the posts with any intelligence then maybe you shouldn't post. If you have something intelligent to say that relates positively to the discussion then ok, this not anyones personal sniping alley. If you want CASA to take over, or crack down then I assure you that your drifter would be a hell of a lot dearer to run, and you still wouldn't get rid of the "cowboys".. I can assure you also that there are cowboys in the GA ranks as well, so lets get positive. You will always find those that treat the rules with contempt be it in flying circles or otherwise and in the flying circles, they tend to have karma catch up with them fairly quickly.

Do you know exactly what happened to the jab driver in Wollongong, have you spoken to him/her or do you just assume you know better than most.

• Like 6

Fly_Tornado has chosen to replace the content of his posts to a smiley "augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif" of his own volition. As these posts no longer add any value to the discussion they have been removed from the thread as have retaliatory messages.

Quoted comments within some messages remain in an attempt to maintain continuity however there are some gaps.

These incidents are best discussed on the RAA forum.

The incidents belong here.

Philosophical discussions on how bad, how good the RAA is and what they did to do to fix anything belongs on the other site.

• Like 1