Show us your models.......

Mick

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, I'm fourteen and I've flown RC since I was 10. I fly RTF and ARF planes as I prefer flying to building. My Dad flew RC from when he was a kid himself, up until I was born and he didn't have the time. Now we're both members of our local club and I love it :-)

My first plane was a little (20g) Parkzone Ember, followed by a Micro T-28, also from Parkzone. My first non-micro was another Parkzone plane, their SE5a. I've now also got an E-flite Micro Sbach 3D, a cheap Hobbyking Reaktor and my only Heli style vehicle, the Blade MQX quad.

My Dad's only working plane at the moment is a Scratch-built (maybe kit-built) 1/5th scale Bowers Fly baby. It's running an old O.S. FS 61 four-stroke so it looks and sounds great. My Dad also has a Flair Nieuport 17 which isn't going due to a lack of a reliable engine, as well as a 2m 2-channel Spirit Glider, both made by him.

I'm not yet a full-scale pilot but I'm hoping to start soon!

Tom :-)

PS. Sorry that I have no photos but they're all of mine are ready-made so they're not that interesting.

• Like 1

The latest added to my collection.

P-47 Thunderbolt, 2.16m span, 13kg, electric powered - Turnigy 50cc equivalent, 4 x 5 cell 5000mah Li-Po's & 160 amp speedy. Flying time is about 6 1/2 minutes. I have done about 40 flights on her since mid December.

It's all molded composite with lots of surface detail molded in. Made by some friends from their own molds.

P2140262.JPG.dfed6598bfec1eb6a12f29be57819708.JPG

P2140264.JPG.c94149b4121a51449b4a335c3ebb143a.JPG

P2140265.JPG.c6a931b70426084a9d8bae16adf316e5.JPG

P2140261.JPG.417719ef6d70f79247ff7226ed3e627a.JPG

P2140263.JPG.56d758637de7100f1b68ba4ea4178e71.JPG

• Like 1
  • Winner 2

The latest added to my collection.P-47 Thunderbolt, 2.16m span, 13kg, electric powered - Turnigy 50cc equivalent, 4 x 5 cell 5000mah Li-Po's & 160 amp speedy. Flying time is about 6 1/2 minutes. I have done about 40 flights on her since mid December.

It's all molded composite with lots of surface detail molded in. Made by some friends from their own molds.

What a beautiful plane!!!

Tom

• Agree 2
  • Caution 1

• 1 month later...

Nothing very exciting from me, but I enjoy flying it - it's a hexacopter with FPV gear.

(ignore the last bit of this video, that's the one and only time I ever try to do aerobatics with it)

I'm also building a large aluminium aeroplane, loosely based on the Piper Cub. Got a three metre wingspan and is electric.

It's made from aluminium because I learned to TIG weld a short while before I planned it. :)

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Billzilla, what camera gear is it on your Hexacopter? Lovely and clear without prop bending effects. Love it.

It's just a regular GoPro Hero2 HD, firmly mounted. Mounting them firmly is the trick to stopping the 'jello' vids they make. I put it right out the front so there wasn't a lot of the props to be seen.

(I'm still drooling over that P-47 though, dang it's nice!)

This is how my current aerobatic fleet stands. Dynam Pitts Python, E-flite Yak54, ST-Models MX2, and Hobby King Pitts and MX2. I realised after I took the picture that i'm missing the Ultra-micro sbach 347 and Pitts Beast from the picture.

Also have a Hangar 9 Pawnee, F27Q Stryker, F27C Stryker, Mig 15, A 40 sized nitro trainer, Fox Glider, Trex 450SE v2 Heli, Scarab QuadCopter setup for FPV, and a few foamie shock flyers.

photo.JPG.a8d6fd58aef9a6ce79476c97bca1effb.JPG

• Like 2

Nothing very exciting from me, but I enjoy flying it - it's a hexacopter with FPV gear.Dosn't matter if it's "eye appeal" dosn't please everyone, the footage you got from this flying machine is brilliant in my eyes.

Once you've got an ugly-copter or whatever it happens to be called, (thats not important providing it flies well) Whats a ball park figure that one needs to outlay, to get great footage like this from the air?

I used to fly aerobatic kites (decades ago) with a third-string to operate an on-board camera.

Results like this would have been unheard of then, but i'm led to believe that they've even improved on the crystal set in recent years.040_nerd.gif.a6a4f823734c8b20ed33654968aaa347.gif