RAAus General Meeting Called

Guest airsick

As far as the criticisms go - people don't post on an internet forum to praise (or very rarely) - they whinge about what is wrong.

I strongly disagree with this statement Dodo, Through all of this discussion I have seen many examples of credit given where it is due. I have seen people credit board members who have taken the trouble to try and inform the members through this forum, But more importantly I have seen R A Aus staff given credit for performing admirably even though the wheels were falling off in their office.

To add to those credits, on 2nd December I finished my training and my CFI sent in my paperwork, on the 5th December my licence was processed and on the 7th December I had a letter and my licence in the mail. I am guessing things were a bit tense in the office that week, but someone performed their job as well as anyone could possibly expect. I just hope that through the course of Saturdays meeting and the time that follows we can sort out the rot in the board so that the good people on the board can rise to the top and give the obviously good staff that we still have in the office the direction and processes they need to sort out the issues and set our great organisation back on track.

• Like 1

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I strongly disagree with this statement Dodo, Through all of this discussion I have seen many examples of credit given where it is due.

Count through the posts - the vast majority are critical. Credit and praise are given, but are vastly outnumbered by criticism.

dodo

PS This is fairly standard - people are more passionate in their comments in internet posts.

Count through the posts - the vast majority are critical. Credit and praise are given, but are vastly outnumbered by criticism.dodo

PS This is fairly standard - people are more passionate in their comments in internet posts.

Maybe, DODO, there is more to criticize than to praise in the RAAus executive....

• Agree 3

Guest Error404

Forums are certainly an easy way to complain and so is email. If you had to say your complaints face to face I'm tipping that most wouldn't and I won't even go into the whole right of reply argument. If someone chooses not to register for a forum to defend themselves it's probably for a very good reason.

Maybe, DODO, there is more to criticize than to praise in the RAAus executive....

Absolutely right Pete, but hopefully not beyond saving, just got to get the cream to rise to the top in the board,and the healing can begin.

Hi Everyone,

Due to a lot of requests by RA-Aus members in my local area I have decided to bite the bullet and attend the RA-Aus General Meeting at Queanbeyan on the 9th February.

I have had a number of people who trust my judgement request that I act as their proxy at the meeting.

I am happy to accept any proxies from members of this site who have not as yet made up their mind as to who should hold their proxy vote.

If you would like me to hold your proxy vote you need to complete it and Email it to me before Friday.

My details are:

Email [email protected]

Details of proxy Holder: John Gardon

PO Box 154

Wardell NSW 2477

Member #5334

You also need to select whether you wish me to vote in a particular way on each question; or how I see fit, if you trust my judgement.

In addition to sending it to me, you need to send it to [email protected] by 09:30 on Friday or I suspect that it will be judged invalid.

Regards,

John Gardon

• Agree 1

Hi Everyone,Due to a lot of requests by RA-Aus members in my local area I have decided to bite the bullet and attend the RA-Aus General Meeting at Queanbeyan on the 9th February.

I have had a number of people who trust my judgement request that I act as their proxy at the meeting.

I am happy to accept any proxies from members of this site who have not as yet made up their mind as to who should hold their proxy vote.

If you would like me to hold your proxy vote you need to complete it and Email it to me before Friday.

My details are:

Email [email protected]

Details of proxy Holder: John Gardon

PO Box 154

Wardell NSW 2477

Member #5334

You also need to select whether you wish me to vote in a particular way on each question; or how I see fit, if you trust my judgement.

In addition to sending it to me, you need to send it to [email protected] by 09:30 on Friday or I suspect that it will be judged invalid.

Regards,

John Gardon

Strewth! More of them! They seem to be breeding...

But I want to know who the parents are!

Kaz

• Like 1

Hi Kaz,

I've responded to you in the original thread I started "President Resigns etc"

The reason for the flood was I was trying to draw together all the thread drifts to remind readers of this forum that the action happens in a few days time and if they have not appointed a proxy to date; they will be spectators.... or the general majority of apathetic "Telegraph" readers or "John Laws" listeners. My apologies to those that really believe that those are vehicles that allow their opinions to be moulded.

JG

Hi Kaz,I've responded to you in the original thread I started "President Resigns etc"

The reason for the flood was I was trying to draw together all the thread drifts to remind readers of this forum that the action happens in a few days time and if they have not appointed a proxy to date; they will be spectators.... or the general majority of apathetic "Telegraph" readers or "John Laws" listeners. My apologies to those that really believe that those are vehicles that allow their opinions to be moulded.

JG

I am duly chastened, John.

Kaz

Forums are certainly an easy way to complain and so is email. If you had to say your complaints face to face I'm tipping that most wouldn't and I won't even go into the whole right of reply argument. If someone chooses not to register for a forum to defend themselves it's probably for a very good reason.

Interesting statement Error404, to your first point, I hope that is not the case. To your second point, you are absolutely correct; a persons has a right to tender a response and a right to ignore. Sometimes ignoring is appropriate and sometimes an appropriate reply can demonstrate correction and a degree of maturity.

For the record, anything I say on this forum I regard as public and anything I say on this forum is 'effectively' face to face. To clarify for the record anything I say on this forum I would have NO hesitation in saying face to face where it is directed at a group or individual. If that were not the case, I would should not have have said it on this forum. I do NOT hide behind a nom de plume and if I am in error I am prepared to acknowledge and to apologise if that is appropriate. Please don't mistake this admission as a sanctimonious statement, it is not intended as such.

None of us are perfect and as I have said on a few occasions on this forum and else where .. "I am never always right and never always wrong, I mostly get it right and sometimes get it wrong".026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

In good faith.

• Agree 1

....None of us are perfect and as I have said on a few occasions on this forum and else where .. "I am never always right and never always wrong, I mostly get it right and sometimes get it wrong".026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

In good faith.

Or, as my mother used to say, "I'm not often wrong, but I'm right this time." 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

DWF 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

• Like 1

I have to express my views and the views of my clients face to face with respondent parties and their representatives, often in hostile environment, every day.

My name and contact details have been posted here on a number of occasions so I'm not hiding from criticism nor denying a right of reply.

Freedom of expression is one of the cornerstones of a vibrant democracy but it has to be tempered and enjoyed with responsibility which is why we have laws against defamation.

Expressions of opinion are generally not defamatory if couched as such. Statements made about someone purporting to be statements of fact may well be if they tend to diminish the reputation of the person referred to. But defamation is not easily made out, nor should it be because we should all be able to reasonably communicate our thoughts without fear of the legal consequences.

Kaz

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 1