Western Australia Ultralight Fatality

I thought she got the a*se because she was hopeless and only the hopeless liked her.....but Australian politics is about hanging on to power (they put Kev back because they thought more people like him)....absolutely nothing to do with good governance.

Thanks for that M6. . . . . as I said, we get very little news about things Australian on the Brit media,. . . apart from floods and bushfires, unless the story is quirky or unusual. . . . although having actually seen a session of the Oz Parliament many years ago, I rather DID like the nice, rude, direct manner in which the members of the house spoke and addressed each other ! ! ! Unlike the UK Commons, where all insults are couched in "doublespeak" goobldegook.

Phil

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No they appoint people to do the job of safety officer and then pull the rug out from under him which in turn pulls the rug out from under all of us so we won't have to worry too much longer because big brother will be taking us over, more likely than not and there will be no more accidents in their name because there will be no more planes flying under their banner.

If you don't believe this call Canberra.

• Like 1

No they appoint people to do the job of safety officer and then pull the rug out from under him which in turn pulls the rug out from under all of us so we won't have to worry too much longer because big brother will be taking us over, more likely than not and there will be no more accidents in their name because there will be no more planes flying under their banner.If you don't believe this call Canberra.

What? Big Brother is taking us over ? I thought that stupid TV show was axed years ago. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

From that which I have read very recently and further, that which I have been privy to very recently, the registration issue was just a storm in a tea cup compared to that which is coming.

Wrongly or rightly there is a very big problem with the organisation which may just call for the appointment of an administrator or even worse. Make the call and ask the questions yourselves. That's all I'm prepared to say here and I will not refer to it again or discuss it again.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

Call Canberra rick-p. Call Canberra what?

I have been concerned since McCormick took over that HE doesn't GET the philosophy of Ultralight flying. When he talks of not running under exemptions and ICAO rules applying, I have NO idea where that leaves us. Certainly under that situation we would not be in a position to innovate anything in the future and also places most of our current ops under a cloud.. IF I am wrong in this assumption can someone enlighten me? I don't accept the idea that you can't run under exemptions. There have been exemptions( temporary or permanent) granted in many areas ( as needed) in the past. I suggest there will always be a place and need for some.

ICAO compliance is only needed for situations operating outside our own borders for standardisation and interchangeability of licences etc. Nev

You are already bound by ICAO standards Nev, I gave you the direct call ups to one, and saw others when I was looking it up. I find GA a lot less comfortable having to give up the old DCA ways and forced to do things Europeans do.

As far as I know we operate under a multitude of exemptions. If they go, I can't see how we operate in any way different to GA. example the pilot certificate which could never exist under ICAO. I would like a direct statement as to where we (specifically) really are headed.Nev

I don't think we are headed anywhere new right now - we were obligated to the ICAO document I referred you to in 2010, or maybe even earlier.

The change which gave me the irrits more than anything else was the ICAO Location Codes where we went from three digits which usually gave you a good clue to the location to a code which now includes a digit for Australia, with some second digits indicating a State. They must have thought we might stray into another country.

As far as I know CASA's approach is to write new regs to allow for existing operations as per the existing exemptions from the current regs (general statement, not just RAA). Also, I believe that they still want a parallel pathway.

djp, they always said that, but I can't see it in practice. I wonder if we are OFF topic? Nev

I don't know if we are too far off topic Nev,. but whe the new European regs are enforced in the UK, there will be numerous problems. Whosoever has "Worked out" the new E.A.S.A. regs, ( available to anyone who has the internet by the way. . .) create a whole NEW level of beaurocracy hereinbefore never imagined. . . . with totally new regs for everything, new pilot licences, new aircraft certification processes, in fact far too MUCH change, and none of it though through properly, because anyone who understands aviation requirements sensibly, is excluded from any of the decision making discussions or processes.

The only sensible route for the UK is to vote a resounding "GET OUT OF EUROPE ALTOGETHER " in the promised referendum post 2015 to try to restore any form of commonsense to the situation. Which is the main reason that the the current UK Government will not allow an immediate referendum on this in during the term of the existing parliament, as they are already certain that it will be an overwhelming "Dump Europe" vote, and then the current MPs will have to leave politics and get jobs as dustmen, or posties, and forego any fancy, lucrative posts with golden pensions in the newer and even more bloated european union parliaments ( Brussels and Strasbourg )

In the meantime, regulation regarding flying of any sort here is in total turmoil.

Phil

• Agree 2

Different thing in Europe where you can duck across the channel and fly all the way to Turkey. Then you would need some standardisation, or you couldn't fly or sell anything across a border The reason the EU was formed is to stop all the "cousins" going to war every 20 years. Getting out of the EU is entirely politicised CARD played in England as a diversion when one is needed from the fact that London is just one largish mob of banks and when bad investments are made the show is over.

My call could be misdirected, but a bit of slack from strict rules allows inventiveness, and adaptation, and modification that doesn't occur under the type of rules GA goes under where you just can't modify things without a lot of money and time elapsing. Simple things like a throttle friction fitting. Nev

Following Poteroo's comment about the SLIGHT ( ! ) thread DRIFT. . . . .I'd like to start another one to reply to your post Nev. . . . . . .

"Aviation Advancement throttled back due to complicated Politics" perhaps . . . ?

Phil